Javelin - a high end journey into digital active speaker systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Javelin - a high end journey into digital active speaker systems

Greg, have you considered building/buying a snake type cable solution? I have to admit, setting up a live sound gig with 18-24 discrete channels is made almost ridiculously easy using a snake. Color coded conductors, use whatever termination you want, different shielding options, etc etc.

I think an arrangement can be considered for Iowa
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Oh, and congrats on the new job - it is good to be in at the beginning. My company is poised for great growth, it is a lot like being on the groundfloor as well.

Also, we will miss you at Dakota!
      Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Hey Johnny! Thanks for posting here. Yeah, I can't remember if it was you or some of the other guys that had mentioned Speakon connectors as an option, but I am giving that some thought. An 8-pole speakon would cover it I think, look nice and clean at the speaker end of things and then have to split into 4 stereo tails at the amp end with enough slack to cover a stack of stereo amps in a rack or something like that. Is that what you mean by snake type solution, or is it something else?

Congrats right back at you on the job situation, sounds like you are digging your new gig also. It is nice to be part of something that is growing and has a real sense of energy to it. I feel like I have found something that is truly a good fit for me and try to appreciate that as much as I can each day. I hope all is well with you and yours.

I am getting my measurement system set up this weekend and looking forward to getting this project to "done" in the next 6 or 7 months.

Comment

Working...
        X