Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Swopes 5.0

Originally posted by Gordy View Post
    So that could be a possibility. In looking at the diagram it looks like the 5" and tweet should be reverse polarity. Am I seeing or reading it wrong? The polarity symbol of these drivers looks like a (-) but also looks like 2 dashes with the vertical part of the (+) missing.
    That's definitley reverse polarity on the TWEET & MID.
    Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Just as a sanity check, also make sure your HT receiver is set for a CC. In other words, make sure the center channel option is enabled in the receiver's config. Sounds silly right? However, many people have forgotten to switch from phantom to CC in the past. Seen it before. Done it before. :o
      Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
        Just as a sanity check, also make sure your HT receiver is set for a CC. In other words, make sure the center channel option is enabled in the receiver's config. Sounds silly right? However, many people have forgotten to switch from phantom to CC in the past. Seen it before. Done it before. :o
        Great call on the sanity check. It was set to CC correctly. I tested the phrase on all of the speakers earlier and thought the CC was correct. But, the 5" moves ever so slightly with the battery test that I guess I could not tell. Before I checked it again with the battery I changed it inside the box at the crossover then put it back together. That made a huge difference. No longer hollow or echoy. Also did a battery test again, the 5" moves in and the 6"s move out. It is getting late and I will do some more listening tomorrow. These are slowly but surly getting dialed in.

Thanks for all the feedback folks I really appreciate it.
        "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
        The Roxster
        Swopes 5.0
        Acoustic Panels
        Living Room Make Over

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy View Post
          .....the 5" moves in and the 6"s move out.
          THAT is how it should be.
          Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

hope you got the center dialed in.

what mounts are those on the TM surrounds? I need to get some for mine and those set nice and close to the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by tashspop View Post
              hope you got the center dialed in.

what mounts are those on the TM surrounds? I need to get some for mine and those set nice and close to the wall.

Yes the center channel now has the correct polarity - reverse on the 5". I purchased the rear mounts at Crutchfield a few years ago. I drilled holes in the mounts themselves to run the speaker wire through so when mounted there would be no wire showing.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_121AM40...40.html?tp=586
              "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
              The Roxster
              Swopes 5.0
              Acoustic Panels
              Living Room Make Over

Comment

Are you able to upload a video of the sound quality? I'm thinking about building these and would love a little sample. Yes, I know it doesn't do it justice but would rather have something than nothing. Have you ever heard the Silver Flute mid woofers? If so, how do these two compare?

Comment

Fabulous build, fabulous build thread. Attention to detail, amazing, documentation skill, extreme, shop disgustingly neat and organized, ;-) And, the resulting hunks of walnut awesomeness speak for themselves.

Love all the ergonomic and space saving ideas... and I'd like to know where you get those wall hangers for clamps.

Comment

Originally posted by xsundown View Post
                    Are you able to upload a video of the sound quality? I'm thinking about building these and would love a little sample. Yes, I know it doesn't do it justice but would rather have something than nothing. Have you ever heard the Silver Flute mid woofers? If so, how do these two compare?
                    I don't think an uploaded video would be an accurate representation of the quality of sound that comes from the Swopes. I also have not heard the Silver Flute mid woofers so I really can't compare. What I can say is that I am very happy with what I built. Compared to what I had the Swopes are hands down more refined and have a more realistic sound than many of the HT speakers that I have heard.

Originally posted by jonpike View Post
                    Fabulous build, fabulous build thread. Attention to detail, amazing, documentation skill, extreme, shop disgustingly neat and organized, ;-) And, the resulting hunks of walnut awesomeness speak for themselves.

Love all the ergonomic and space saving ideas... and I'd like to know where you get those wall hangers for clamps.
                    Thanks for the kind words. The link for the wall mount brackets are above in my post. It looks like they are no longer available where I purchased them from.

The Madeleine
                    The Roxster
                    Swopes 5.0
                    Acoustic Panels
                    Living Room Make Over

Comment

I found some very similar mounts on amazon for $39

Comment

Working...
                      X