X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bionicbob
    replied
    Re: Selah Audio Anniversario

If I try them I am end up keeping them.. lol I know, that's the point. I'll send you an email..
    Thanks Rick

Leave a comment:

• rickcraig
    replied

Originally posted by bionicbob View Post
    Thanks for the reply Rick. I was able to view some Youtube videos from current owners. Of course my speakers cant do the justice they deserve. They are a very good price point to get see if I like Ribbon tweeters. Im worried about spending too little on a cheap ribbon or too much for a RAAL and not like the sound. The only Ribbons I have heard are from Monitor Audio Platinum but those are proprietary. The past 10 years I have owned B&W diamond and soft dome tweeters along with Mirage M3si.
    The Monitor Audio ribbons are very similar to Fountek. I can offer a trial period if you want to check these out.

Leave a comment:

• bionicbob
    replied

Thanks for the reply Rick. I was able to view some Youtube videos from current owners. Of course my speakers cant do the justice they deserve. They are a very good price point to get see if I like Ribbon tweeters. Im worried about spending too little on a cheap ribbon or too much for a RAAL and not like the sound. The only Ribbons I have heard are from Monitor Audio Platinum but those are proprietary. The past 10 years I have owned B&W diamond and soft dome tweeters along with Mirage M3si.

Leave a comment:

• rickcraig
    replied

How do you like the Auricles? Those use the RAAL tweeter correct? I am trying to decide which kit to build. I have already built the Fusion 12 of course that used a PCB crossover board. How difficult was it to build the Auricles Crossover. The anniversario looks like a very nice speaker although I have no idea what tweeter it uses so I cant compare them with a RAAL or Fountek. Im not sure if they would sound completely different or very similar.
    There's an owner of the Anniversario who has owned a speaker with the RAAL as well - you can see his post on Audio Circle. I've used many different ribbons (probably more models than most any other designer). I'm importing this tweeter because it offers performance similar to the RAAL (in some aspects even better than the 70-20XR) for a lower cost. I'm a straight shooter and this was a no-brainer. It's easily better than the Fountek with more linear response, less distortion, and will cross lower.

Leave a comment:

• bionicbob
    replied

How do you like the Auricles? Those use the RAAL tweeter correct? I am trying to decide which kit to build. I have already built the Fusion 12 of course that used a PCB crossover board. How difficult was it to build the Auricles Crossover. The anniversario looks like a very nice speaker although I have no idea what tweeter it uses so I cant compare them with a RAAL or Fountek. Im not sure if they would sound completely different or very similar.

Leave a comment:

• carpenter11235
    replied

These are now on my list of projects this summer. Have a large sheet of birds eye maple veneer that will be put to good use...may consider a floor standing version

Leave a comment:

• rickcraig
    replied

$350 per pair including shipping for the kit, Does that include pre built crossover as well? I'm sure the RAAL is awesome but just a bit too expensive, I'm happy to see you offer an alternative. Is it an AMT Ribbon? or similar to a standard ribbon. I have always wanted to build/own a ribbon that's why I am curious. I have only heard them retail.
    No, $350 is for the tweeters only. The Anniversario kit is $850. It's not an AMT and actually performs better than any of the AMT's that I've looked at (open to anyone proving me wrong on that).

Leave a comment:

• bionicbob
    replied

Originally posted by rickcraig View Post
    I sell them in matched pairs for $350 including shipping but can also provide single units for center channels. The sensitivity is 90db with a 6 ohms impedance. Can cross as low as 1.8K or even lower with the right slope. Very flat response (I can supply curves from the baffles I've used). Excellent power handling and low distortion. It compares well with the RAAL 70-20XR, in some ways I think it's better but it is a little lower in sensitivity.
    $350 per pair including shipping for the kit, Does that include pre built crossover as well? I'm sure the RAAL is awesome but just a bit too expensive, I'm happy to see you offer an alternative. Is it an AMT Ribbon? or similar to a standard ribbon. I have always wanted to build/own a ribbon that's why I am curious. I have only heard them retail.

Leave a comment:

• rickcraig
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    They kinda look like the old Ravens.

Are you going to be selling them individually as well, and do you have any pricing/specs?
    Just curious,
    Wolf
    I sell them in matched pairs for $350 including shipping but can also provide single units for center channels. The sensitivity is 90db with a 6 ohms impedance. Can cross as low as 1.8K or even lower with the right slope. Very flat response (I can supply curves from the baffles I've used). Excellent power handling and low distortion. It compares well with the RAAL 70-20XR, in some ways I think it's better but it is a little lower in sensitivity.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

They kinda look like the old Ravens.

Are you going to be selling them individually as well, and do you have any pricing/specs?
    Just curious,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• rickcraig
    replied

What kind of Ribbon Tweeter does that speaker use? Is that a Raal or a Fountek?
    Neither. I wanted something with performance like a RAAL but less costly so I am importing these and receiving great comments on the sound.

Leave a comment:

• bionicbob
    replied

Originally posted by Soundslike View Post
    Very nicely done. I'll bet you have hundreds of hours invested in building them...
    What kind of Ribbon Tweeter does that speaker use? Is that a Raal or a Fountek?

Leave a comment:

• Soundslike
    replied

Very nicely done. I'll bet you have hundreds of hours invested in building them...

Leave a comment:

• carpenter11235
    replied

Beautiful work all around...can I ask how you applied your gloss and what you used? (Lacquer, poly, shellac, special sauce, etc?). Did you use a sprayer or buff that nice gloss?

Leave a comment:

• Cazten
    replied

Originally posted by gleite311 View Post
    Do you have the cabinets finished? I'm really curious to see how these turned out.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	473.3 KB
ID:	1166376

Views:	1
Size:	598.4 KB
ID:	1166377