X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killa
    replied
    Re: Continuum kaboom!

The biggest issue was the hole for the mid. It use to be round. I actually free handed the new hole with a router after it was already veneered :eek: It isn't perfect but it is barely noticeable a couple feet away.

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

Originally posted by killa View Post
    I will try to get finished pics this weekend. Apparently I got excited and forgot to take pics :o
    Good job. I will be checking back!

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

I will try to get finished pics this weekend. Apparently I got excited and forgot to take pics :o

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Fancy bent port needed to fit in cab with decent wall clearance Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151121_104228.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1171201

Partially assembled. You can also see where the port was rounded over on the back. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151121_131943.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1171202

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Almost forgot about the helpers cameo Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140209_1048001.jpg
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	1171200

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Here are some capacitors :eek: :DClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151121_133937.jpg
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	1171199
    Last edited by killa; 01-21-2016, 11:12 PM. Reason: Rediculously huge grammatical error!

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Finally! Some more pics. Woofer comparison lol. Peerless sls 10 and css sdx 10. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151119_162918.jpg
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1171197 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151119_163150_1.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1171198

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

Then update!!!;)

When you have time....of course. I can post a couple of pics of my Continuum build, if you like. I am getting ready to start adding color.

As I mentioned, because of recent circumstances, I will start the module in January or at least finish it by then. I am really looking forward to experimenting with the Kairos as well. So I will have two sets to play with.

Looking forward to seeing your finish product Killa!!

Robert

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Yes. I have been busy and haven't had time to update yet.

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

Progress?

Leave a comment:

• xsilverjag
    replied

Originally posted by badman View Post
    That's a pretty tight squeeze, but should be okay. I'd suggest trying as-is and see where the tuning falls and changing if necessary. Don't glue yet, and you'll be fine (use window sealer to create an airtight seal, if needed, for testing purposes)

Alternatively, you can use a right-angle coupling, but may not find it necessary. Be sure to keep the box lining away from the vent input to prevent it being overdamped. I use 2 vents of somewhat dissimilar lengths, and line them with large open-cell foam (stuff as used in rain gutters to prevent leaf buildup) to help suppress possible vent resonances.
    Very cool, i love the concept.. universal 3 way design..

Leave a comment:

• badman
    replied

Originally posted by killa View Post
    I think I am going to have to get creative with my port. If I run it straight it will only be 2" off the inside wall. Is there a rule of thumb for this? It is a 3" ID port and it doesn't seem like 2" of clearance would allow proper air flow. I think I will need to angle it a little.
    That's a pretty tight squeeze, but should be okay. I'd suggest trying as-is and see where the tuning falls and changing if necessary. Don't glue yet, and you'll be fine (use window sealer to create an airtight seal, if needed, for testing purposes)

Alternatively, you can use a right-angle coupling, but may not find it necessary. Be sure to keep the box lining away from the vent input to prevent it being overdamped. I use 2 vents of somewhat dissimilar lengths, and line them with large open-cell foam (stuff as used in rain gutters to prevent leaf buildup) to help suppress possible vent resonances.

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Originally posted by Carbon13 View Post
    Really nice job! I like the faceted edges even better than the roundovers. Is that paperbacked cherry veneer? How did you apply it? The finish?

I've been working with a paperbacked hickory veneer and whenever I trim it with the router I end up with bits of the paper backing hanging on that I have to deal with. I've started just triming with an exacto knife but that's less than ideal.
    It is bubinga paperbacked veneer applied with the iron on wood glue method. I used a razor blade to trim it real close and then a block and some sandpaper to finish it. The finish is wipe on poly satin (forgot the exact brand. I will look later).

Leave a comment:

• philthien
    replied

Originally posted by Carbon13 View Post
    Really nice job! I like the faceted edges even better than the roundovers. Is that paperbacked cherry veneer? How did you apply it? The finish?

I've been working with a paperbacked hickory veneer and whenever I trim it with the router I end up with bits of the paper backing hanging on that I have to deal with. I've started just triming with an exacto knife but that's less than ideal.
    I don't have a ton of experience w/ backed veneer but have you tried one of the veneer tape edge-trimmers? Many of the double-sides ones can be split into two pieces, so one side should be able to be used to trim a larger piece like a speaker cabinet.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon13
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X