X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM5150
    replied
    Re: Vultus, AMT3-4

Really nice looking cabinets, finish, and graphs. Congrats on the successful build!

Eric

Leave a comment:

• Navy Guy
    replied

Really cool looking project, John.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied

Thanks guys. Tom, there are flaws and you will see them. Eric, I plan to bring them to MWAF as the PE guys would like to see them but they can't compete so they may not get a chance to play.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied

Nice job dude! That's some top notch enclosure work. I agree with the AMT's light response on the top end. I used the little AMT on my 442's for the same reason. Are you going to bring those to MWAF 2016?

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied

John,

Don't you ever get sick of producing perfect cabinets? Come on, let's see some veneer tear-out, an uneven driver recess or something every once in awhile, mix it up a bit!

Seriously, those are beautiful looking speakers.

Looking at the frequency response graph on page 8 of your PDF I see now why you used the little Dayton neo as a supertweeter. That's a cool idea. Those little buggers really have good 'sparkle', an efficient tool to help the drooping top end of the AMT.

You're a good person to be one of the 'design team' crew, congratulations!

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Nicely done John. Congratulations on being part of the Team.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
    Did you try out any other Lpad values on the tweeter?
    Hi Channing, thanks. The tweeter messed with me a bit as I did not want to spend much $ on something most wouldn't hear. So yes I used a bunch of values. I spread the resistors out to get the tilt I wanted then settled for the resistor values that PE stocks. Using PE stocked x-o parts is a compromise I usually don't have to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• badman
    replied

Very cool- lots of personality!

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
    Thanks for the nice comments. The veneer is reconstituted rift sawn oak. The grain was not as open as normal oak which prevented filling it with a contrasting color.
    Thanks - still looks beautiful even without a contrast color.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Wow, those driver recesses are flawless! Looks good, too. Did you try out any other Lpad values on the tweeter?

Leave a comment:

• fdieck
    replied

Immaculate fit and finish and I love the way the grain of the veneer goes with the pleats in the AMT driver.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied

Thanks for the nice comments. The veneer is reconstituted rift sawn oak. The grain was not as open as normal oak which prevented filling it with a contrasting color.

Leave a comment:

• kbzx35
    replied

Simply awesome! Pretty cool to see the projects from the team come to fruition!

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

Beautiful work John. Can't wait to hear them

Leave a comment:

• Paul Carmody
    replied

Nice work! You should be proud.

Leave a comment:

Working...