A couple of vBulletin forum software requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of vBulletin forum software requests

It would be handy if, when displaying "New Topics," if we knew which forum in which that topic was posted. The old site did this.

Also, it would be nice if there was a Page 1/2/3/4 (depending on our pagination settings) so we could skip right to the last page of a long topic, instead of having to go into the first page and then click the last page #. I hope that makes sense.

Another useful feature would be to provide a link to the main PE site--the PE logo would be a logical place for that link. That way, when we see some product being discussed, we can quickly go to the PE site and spend our money before we have second thoughts.
    Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Originally posted by neildavis View Post
      Another useful feature would be to provide a link to the main PE site--the PE logo would be a logical place for that link. That way, when we see some product being discussed, we can quickly go to the PE site and spend our money before we have second thoughts.
      Oh yeah, that vBulletin logo used to be a PE logo, which was a link to the do-re-mi mothership. Restoring that would be welcome, as well.

Comment

I find it very hard to distinguish between unread (bold) and read (normal) items.
        “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet”

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

It would be nice to reduce the stickies to one line each so they don't occupy so much space. There are less stickies now, but for a while there were a lot, occupying a large part of the page.
          “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet”

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by philthien View Post
            It would be handy if, when displaying "New Topics," if we knew which forum in which that topic was posted. The old site did this.

Also, it would be nice if there was a Page 1/2/3/4 (depending on our pagination settings) so we could skip right to the last page of a long topic, instead of having to go into the first page and then click the last page #. I hope that makes sense.
            Both of these are on the list.
            Ecommerce at Parts Express

Comment

Originally posted by philthien View Post

Oh yeah, that vBulletin logo used to be a PE logo, which was a link to the do-re-mi mothership. Restoring that would be welcome, as well.
              Your request for mothership access has been added.
              Ecommerce at Parts Express

Comment

Originally posted by GingerRohlfs View Post

Your request for mothership access has been added.

When I click the "Parts Express" logo at the top it used to go to the main website, not the forum. Has it just not updated on my end yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_G View Post

When I click the "Parts Express" logo at the top it used to go to the main website, not the forum. Has it just not updated on my end yet?
                  What Parts Express logo? I just see a giant vBulletin logo.

I'm not sure they've made the change yet.

I think she was adding it to the to-do list.

Comment

This morning half the post will not load. I can understand the first few days having some bugs in the system. At this point something has to be done. I think PE tried to bring an upgrade out that was nowhere near ready. The lack of posting and responses shows the rest of the forum members must feel the same way. PE you are killing this site. I would prefer the old format to this, an upgrade that is slower, more difficult to navigate, and still doesn't work. Please do something.
                    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Working...
                    X