X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• henry218
    replied
    Originally posted by dustinbagby View Post
    It looks to have turned out beautifully. Have any more pics of the cabs? I want to try out that tweeter, so I am also interested in some long term listening impressions.
    The tweeter is very linear, however i dont think it has the best cymbal sound, but not too bad either.

Leave a comment:

• dustinbagby
    replied
    It looks to have turned out beautifully. Have any more pics of the cabs? I want to try out that tweeter, so I am also interested in some long term listening impressions.

Leave a comment:

• henry218
    replied
    Originally posted by bullittstang View Post
    Really good job and looks like a very nice speaker. Interesting tweeter, I'd like to know your longer-term listening impressions.
    i brought this to a local valve amp designer which uses Scan Speak 8545 and Scan 9500 tweeter, he was very impressed with it's separation, transparency and clarity along with a very tight and tuneful bass (it is sealed) in his not too big living room.

i was quite surprised how good the sound is too, considering such a low costs driver.

So far i tried it with 805 SET, Ncore and KT88 Push Pull.

Leave a comment:

• henry218
    replied
    Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
    What is the value of R2 in your tweeter filter? Looks like 68 or 680... is it 6.8 ohms
    Its 0.68ohm, displayed as 680 mOhm

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    What is the value of R2 in your tweeter filter? Looks like 68 or 680... is it 6.8 ohms

Leave a comment:

• bullittstang
    replied
    Really good job and looks like a very nice speaker. Interesting tweeter, I'd like to know your longer-term listening impressions.

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    Looks really good. Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• henry218
    replied
    crossover schematics

Leave a comment:

• 2 Way Monitor with Fountek FW146 and Dayton ND25FW

hi guys,

I have been wanting to do a small 2way for quite some time, then i got a chance to get a small finished speaker box locally here in Sydney which just perfect to let me jump start the project .

The box was designed for SEAS mid woofers and tweeters, but i went to a more affordable drivers :

1. Fountek FW146 been on the market for awhile, i think it is pretty, affordable and quite linear freq response.
    Fountek FW146 5-1/4" Aluminum Midwoofer SpeakerYour Price$36.85Buy 4-up$35.10

2. The Dayton ND25FW is quite a surprising product, beautiful waveguide with a low costs tweeter and sell for $18
    Dayton Audio ND25FW-4 1" Soft Dome Neodymium Tweeter with Waveguide 4 OhmYour Price$18.45Buy 4-up$17.50

The box is about 9L, sealed and supposed to have a PWR-ICE125 at the back, but i have designed a passive one instead.

Both drivers have an excellent linear response and quite easy to work with, but i have decided to get the best out of it in terms of frequency linearity and easy impedance load.

Its been running for 5hrs only, but it has pretty good clarity and transparency!

cheers
    Henry
Working...
X