Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filmslayer
    replied
    rpb , cuae you asked . 3ft on my design axis as loud as i felt comfortable testing,3rd order ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    rpb , i took a bunch of measurements today , i also have that driver at 3ft on design axis . i can go back and pull that up if ya like .

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by rpb View Post
    That driver looks nice, and smooth, but the 3rd order distortion looks off. Third order distortion measurements are not normally that smooth on drivers I've tested. I suspect that the distortion is lower than shown, and maybe you are measuring the noise floor. If you measure from a couple of feet away, and at a louder spl, I would expect the distortion will be lower over much of the frequency range.
    that was the second measurement , first time thedust cap hit the mic ! that was as close as i could get !!! as you know i'm using Holm ???

Leave a comment:

• rpb
    replied
    That driver looks nice, and smooth, but the 3rd order distortion looks off. Third order distortion measurements are not normally that smooth on drivers I've tested. I suspect that the distortion is lower than shown, and maybe you are measuring the noise floor. If you measure from a couple of feet away, and at a louder spl, I would expect the distortion will be lower over much of the frequency range.

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by NyxOne View Post
    Whoa!!! Well behaved driver for the price! Looks like you have a winner! :D
    yeah , not bad at all for an $8 driver ...

Leave a comment:

• NyxOne
    replied
    Whoa!!! Well behaved driver for the price! Looks like you have a winner! :D

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    with third order distortion ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    i'm kinda impressed . Famous Maker 3" raw driver near-field ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    UHG !!! with the woofer up 5db at cross i'm gonna go back and redo this with in box measurements ....

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
    a couple of concerns as ready this for a listen . i hope i got the back side of mid scalloped enough , this tiny lil driver is all but swallowed in a 3/4" baffle and i hope the 3" PVC cap i'm use to seal it is large enough ... what should i be looking at in my measurement when i get around to it ?
    See where the mid rolls off with a nearfield measurement. I'm thinking you want a liter maybe a tad more for the DS90, but I like a qt between .5 and .7

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    went to 4ohm on the tweet and running the mid wide open un-padded , sounds much better to my ear ! will let the drivers break in now then pull it out in the middle of and try to get some good measurements .
    here's where its at now . the bump in the top does not show up in measurements .

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    couldn't stand it ! had to take a look ... i think i need to remove the 1ohm in front of the mid and try a 4-4.5 ohm in front of the tweet instead of the 5 i have ... this was not placed in the perfect spot to measure but taken from where i'm listening to it from 3ft .

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    UHG !!!! not thrilled with first listen ... though it is a live Rush track and the drivers not broke in i feel i'm gonna have to un-pad the mid . balance seems way off . i'll give it while to break in before measurements ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    a couple of concerns as ready this for a listen . i hope i got the back side of mid scalloped enough , this tiny lil driver is all but swallowed in a 3/4" baffle and i hope the 3" PVC cap i'm use to seal it is large enough ... what should i be looking at in my measurement when i get around to it ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X