• Show
Clear All

• filmslayer
    replied
    together for listening and testing ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    i cut my center channel tweet just like it , i have some round black dress shoe lace that fits perfect .... twisting the prototype XO together now ...

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    MDF is forgiving if you want to fill it in and go again. I've used the elmer's stainable filler even on a tweeter recess, just had to attach a new center.

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    for this slot i clamped an aluminum straight edge , worked great , nice straight cut . but i kinda missed with drilling the corners .... i got 1 more to get it right .

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    tweet recess is a tic large , i got a black shoe lace that will fill the gap just fine though .... on to the slot again .

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    i'd almost forgot how good these RS180P/28F's are , ive been enjoying them since i put the ported one together ..... tomorrow i start getting the 3 ways together , i think i got everything i need . minus the binding posts i forgot to order ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    no , i think his name was Hugo ? i was supposed to get an e-mail a couple hours after but i did not ... may have to call again tomorrow .

Leave a comment:

• WernerM
    replied
    Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
    no PE does not sell the plate and screen separately . that kind of surprises me , i cant be the only one to have dented one of these ! the tech guy is looking to see if there is a bad one returned that i can get the screen off of , otherwise i'll have to buy a new one ...
    Was that MattP you were talking too? He is very helpful and an awesome guy. I'm always happy with how he addresses issues.

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by WernerM View Post

Lmao I happen to be listening to this as I browsed this thread and saw your post...
    nice ....

really glad i went up to 18"'s in height , this is gonna work out nice ...

Leave a comment:

• WernerM
    replied
    Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
    first track up sounds really nice ...
    Lmao I happen to be listening to this as I browsed this thread and saw your post...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    woo-who , on to the 3 way ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    no PE does not sell the plate and screen separately . that kind of surprises me , i cant be the only one to have dented one of these ! the tech guy is looking to see if there is a bad one returned that i can get the screen off of , otherwise i'll have to buy a new one ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    i see the confusion my response to your question now John . i should have addressed the distortion issue separately , but it was really my main concern , i now know that i have a damaged RS28F or at the very least a loose screen . it was the tweet in my surround that fell off a stand and dented the screen . in my attempt to get it back in shape i believe i loosened it , after trying to repair it i measured it but did not look at distortion just the FR which appears to be fine .does PE sell face plate and screen for the RS28F anyone know ? i think that is all i'll need . i will be contacting them today any way as there is an issue of overcharging me on my last order ( the 3 way parts ) .

i appreciate your help John and stay with me , the 3 way parts should be here when i get home from work and i am sure i am gonna need a bunch of help with getting these together ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    they were two separate concerns John ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X