X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filmslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post

Just curious, how do plan to cut the slot. I've never done. The first thing that comes to mine is: small rough in the baffle, mount the baffle, then an appropriate router bit's bearing using the enclosures slot to guide the finished baffle cut.
    to be honest Mike i am pondering this myself right now ! the plan was to drill the 4 corners the use a jig saw with some sort of clamped guide in place , but i can't find my jig saw ! i have thought about going the router way as you've described but think i may just wait to find my jig saw or borrow one tomorrow . i did want to hear this tonight but i'm starting to tire , been at these since 7:30 this morning ...

Leave a comment:

• Millstonemike
    replied
    Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
    just gotta cut the slot ... the tweets up a bit cause there is 3 gaskets under it , i cut a lil to deep last time ...

Just curious, how do plan to cut the slot. I've never done. The first thing that comes to mine is: small rough in the baffle, mount the baffle, then an appropriate router bit's bearing using the enclosures slot to guide the finished baffle cut.

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Now that is what I call TIGHT driver spacing! Nice job Chili Dog :D

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    just gotta cut the slot ... the tweets up a bit cause there is 3 gaskets under it , i cut a lil to deep last time ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post

You used French's mustard for glue

it tastes best with chili dogs !

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
    on to cutting 2 way baffle ...
    You used French's mustard for glue

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    on to cutting 2 way baffle ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    made the final decision , went up to 18" so i can align drivers in the center vertically . no turning back now !

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    i see what you mean about 90 , yes i am standing on the side ... though this would work with no changes ....

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    what exactly you mean rotated 90 degrees ?

yes , terminal cup filling for DS90 ... the 90 is overall 3.64" , the terminal cup 4 , so i'll have a little there .... i'm gonna have to increase the height to 16.5 , no biggie just makes it a lil taller ... left/right is no problem , all my builds are that way , wasn't really the plan for these but i can still center the 2 way ...

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    Question : do i run into any issues staggering the divers like this ?

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    took Johns advice and went for 3/4" stuff , loosing an inch did throw my box dimensions outta whack . working on new cut sheet now ,hoping to have box's together tomorrow and the 2way baffle cut Sunday ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    parts are ordered and as Jbunner has told me there is nothing left but a little git-r-done !!! i have made some considerations , been following this thread http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...iver-important and gonna do an A-B the a stack of 10uF poly buyouts and a 68uF npe ... for me being a noob its about learning , so i'll measure and listen and report back .

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    if i didn't know better i'd say the Speaker Gods are conspiring against this build !!! first the 160"s are outta stock , then it was just hot to go out and work and now with the 160's back and the brutal heat backed off a bit i get really excited to get these box's together this weekend only to wake up yesterday to a monsoon ! we're to get 15-19 inches of rain between saturday and tuesday .... so i'm stuck inside . figure i'd put an ext, port in my surrounds pull them out in the middle of the room and get some measurements . i can find nothing that fits inside that 3" cutout ... i have 3" core tubes that my window film comes on but they are the exact same same size and just won't fit .

how important to my measurements is the port gonna be ? i've already designed the XO for the 2 way in small sealed cab but measurements were taken using the floor as a boundary as they are designed to go on wall , i was just wanting to get them out in the middle of the room with no boundary effects ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X