X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filmslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by jhollander View Post
    Check watts dissipated graph, in XSim, those resistors before the x-o are going to consume some power

where do i find said graph ? i looked , couldn't see it ...

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Check watts dissipated graph, in XSim, those resistors before the x-o are going to consume some power

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    Originally posted by jhollander View Post
    The x-o is almost as much $ as the drivers...

more !!! $90 in drivers and $130 in XO parts ... lol
    i was warned about this , but outta pocket it wont be to bad . i have the BC25's not doing anything , i also have half the inductors already and all the caps but the 20 and 70 uF . and that had me switch a couple of values here is what i got now ...

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    The x-o is almost as much $ as the drivers...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    had a really good back and fourth with Josh today and went with some of his advice ! the prototype will have 17 components ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    a lil better look at the 2 way ...

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    here's a look using factory curves and the BC25 measured on a different baffle . the 2 way is from measured response using the floor boundary . i'm thinking of adding an external port and taking some measurements out in the middle of the room today , when i do it looks like the BC25 is physically a drop in and i'll be able to get on baffle measurements of that ... getting closer .

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    i case some of you thought i'm being a wimp about the heat , thermostat in my shop a couple hours ago , it now reading 101 !

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    I skip the t-nuts nuts and go for the pointed wood cap screws.

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    those were my thoughts exactly john . was planning to use attached 45's in all the corners , i come up with 8 points using hurricane nuts . i've only built with 1/2" stuff one other time and did not like it either ! but the plan is for the 3 ways to replace the Overnight Sensations for my boombox . so weight is the consideration ....

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    I finished a speaker with braced 1/2 inch MDF and thought It would be better with thicker material. Plus you need something to screw the baffle to so why not double up the 1/2 inch? 1/2 inch on the width would not matter much. With a hardwood baffle over a box, I flush trim the baffle to the box. MDF esp. 1/2 is not very flat over long runs.

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    still working on these but hit a couple snags and have some questions ... first , as far as the snags , its freaking HOT down here and outside of work i'm having a hard time finding motivation to go out side and do anything !!!!! on top of that i went to order my drivers ( 160's and 3"ers ) the DC160's are outta stock till 8-11-16 ... gives me more time to play with sims ! as for the questions , was planning on building the box's outta 1/2" MDF . i found at work a very nice hard wood board ( not sure of type ) 9" x 60" , with detachable baffles am i gonna see any issues with this type of combo ? also the plank i found is 9" wide , the 2 way baffles are 8.5" , is that gonna matter all that much ?

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    not stuck with that . was just thinking that would be the easiest to build and replicate with two different baffles ... my modeling shows 2x2x7 to be about as close for both as i want . no wood is cut rite now !

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    If you are using the 1 by 7 port expect resonances about 400 hz.

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied
    measurements will be taken ! thanks bud . i went to 40htz which shortened my port by 3 inches , but getting the resonance above 1800 is gonna be near impossible . these are the considerations i'm weighing before i cut wood ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X