Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6thplanet
    replied
    Huh, they show up at home, but not my phone. I'll repost them. As for the tweeter mount....

Leave a comment:

• ugly woofer
    replied
    I can't see the pictures at post #18 either. Cool design, I like it!

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied
    What is going on with the tweeter mounting? You don't really intend on mounting behind that baffle like that do you? You'll get some nasty diffraction response wiggles from that large edge transition region.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Weird. All I am seeing is 4 boxes with x's in them. Guess if no one else has problems seeing them it has something to do with my settings?

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    Yeah, that'll prolly happen next year when I start the final baffle build. I'll use this test baffle for setting up the jigs to make that happen. As for the previous pics, they work fine for me??

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1306418[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1306419[/ATTACH]
    ... few more shots.
    Looking good Eric! Are you still doing the tapered cove? BTW, pics in previous thread aren't coming in for me.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3552.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1306418 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3555.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1306419
    ... few more shots.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    With the cold weather approaching I finally got back at this project to get it into my house for crossover play time. Here's where it stands now. All the driver mounting is worked out, got the sound absorption material installed, and a preliminary port ready.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    I got to spend a little time with this project last weekend and today. I made up a test baffle and figured out the routing of the driver holes. Next I have to make the driver mounting hardware and then I can start making sound.

Leave a comment:

• JavadS
    replied
    Awesome looking good! Javad

Leave a comment:

• JavadS
    replied
    Awesome looking good! Javad

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    It cooled off a bit tonight so I hit the garage to make some headway on this project. I drilled all the holes and installed the threaded inserts to make the backs removable. Seams a bit over kill, prolly could have just used simple drywall screws, but what fun is that!!!
    The hardware is good old Harbor Freight 1/4" allen head bolts/washers. I used a 5/8" Forstner bit to countersink the bolts. Next up will be to get a base and a baffle going, maybe this weekend. The "honey do" list looks like: kitchen counter top/faucet and security camera install.... << (that's my not getting to build speaker face)

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    This weekend I got the front and rear cleats installed. I'm using 3/4"x3/4" oak for the back, which will utilize threaded inserts for a removable installation as the speakers will eventually be rear mounted on the baffle. As for the front, I used some 3/4" aluminum angle to mount the solid hardwood baffle.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    Spent a few hours today cutting the bottom and tops for both cabs. Also, cut a blank for the backs. I was able to get one of them glued up.

Leave a comment:

• 6thplanet
    replied
    Ran the woofers through the DATS:
    Re:5.5
    Fs:41Hz
    Qe:0.434
    Qm:2.82
    Qts:0.376
    Le:0.115
    Mms:17.66g
    Vas:0.992cf ( 28.1L)
    SPL:88.4
    Sd:136cm2
    As of right now it looks like around a 1.25cf box tuned to 35Hz (3"x10.25" port) will be a nice starting point. If my math is correct I should have about that right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X