Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carreta Treme Treme - Instant Hearing Loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carreta Treme Treme - Instant Hearing Loss?

A friend shared this with me on Facebook. From their web site:

"Today Carreta Treme Treme, has 192 speakers of 15 "3750 RMS, 33 amplifiers Soundigital brand, totaling more than 2.5 million watts RMS powered by more than 240 batteries EloForte brand and interconnected by more than 2 tons of yarn and Technoise cables."
    C-Note Iron Driver Build
    The Cherry π's

Just imagine how loud this one was!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsRuJ...ture=fvwp&NR=1

Comment

I would be curious to see how they set up the speakers. Did they use delay or something? I would imagine the coverage would be weird with a wide and short stack.
      i want to walk around to see what the coverage and sound quality is like...

Comment

Just imagine how loud this one was!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsRuJ...ture=fvwp&NR=1
        I was at STS-1, 9 miles away on the space center grounds. When the Shuttle rolled and aimed its engines our way, the concussive nature of the sound was otherworldly. Getting a chest massage from nearly 10 miles away from those massive engines was a feeling I'll never forget.
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

The Saturn V's were several times louder! At Coco Beach, it FELT like a magnitude 5.5-ish earthquake. Most viewers there without excellent ear protection barfed. The CBS camera crew blew their cookies live, in color.

Comment

August 27,1883, Krakatoa produced 172db @ 100 mile distance; pressure waves circled the globe three to four times in each direction.
            The British ship Norham Castle was 40 miles from Krakatoa at the time of the explosion. The ship’s captain wrote in his log, “So violent are the explosions that the ear-drums of over half my crew have been shattered.

Originally posted by tmhutson View Post
            .. Did they use delay or something? I would imagine the coverage would be weird with a wide and short stack....
            My guess was that ( coverage concerns ) was sacrificed in favor of raw SPL.
            "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
            “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
            "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by Whitneyville1 View Post
              The CBS camera crew blew their cookies live, in color.
              In Living Color was NBC's jingle! LOL

Comment

Sydney, Krakatoa is one of three events that stopped Big Ben. Krakatoa also broke glassware (and windows) in Boston. It was the most powerful explosion since man has been on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitneyville1 View Post
                  Sydney, Krakatoa is one of three events that stopped Big Ben. Krakatoa also broke glassware (and windows) in Boston. It was the most powerful explosion since man has been on Earth.
                  ​The Tunguska event was very substantial too, but far less famous, almost unknown.

Comment

Duh, I forget about it myself. "Super events" of nature are so passing it seems. Hurricane Carla (circa 1963) got into Nebraska before she ran out of gas. The tornado that destroyed Joplin, MO was just barely an F-4, but the one that destroyed Moore, OK the first time was an F-5+ (303 MPH+ winds) but with a very narrow and short touch-down area.

Comment

Working...
                    X