Clear All

• wogg
    replied
    Beauty!

Leave a comment:

• rickcraig
    replied
    Originally posted by wogg View Post
    This led me to ponder a small 2 way with some great bass as well. I was going to try a on paper model using the data here: http://www.audioxpress.com/article/t...6-017r-anarchy

Think an RS28 tweet would make it low enough, with a notch on that woofer 4kHz breakup node?

Here are the graphs from the 2-way I did using the RS28.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    Originally posted by kevintomb View Post
    What kinda final SPL did you get after BSC?
    Excellent question, I'm curious too. I did a paper model yesterday under a XT25TG tweeter (already had it modeled, just swapped woofer models and played with the crossover) and the SPL ends up pretty low after BSC. Of course, the FRD data I pulled from the audioexpress.com graphs stopped at 300Hz, so I'm not confident that I'm compensating correctly. It appears that it will land around 80dB/W or a little under.

Leave a comment:

• kevintomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Face View Post
    I've used the Anarchy in two ways to 1200hz and 1800, it sounded fine in both speakers. They sound surprisingly good in sealed .5-.7cf enclosures. If you want to use ghem ported, tune low.

What kinda final SPL did you get after BSC?

Leave a comment:

• Face
    replied
    Originally posted by jclin4
    Face (Mike B) did exactly that. He used a waveguide on the tweeter to get a low XO point. I heard it at the NYDIY this summer and it was the best pair there IMO.
    Thank you. That consisted of a Scanspeak D3004/6040-10 behind a SEOS 8 waveguide and an Anarchy woofer in a .67cf sealed enclosure.

Leave a comment:

• Face
    replied
    I've used the Anarchy in two ways to 1200hz and 1800, it sounded fine in both speakers. They sound surprisingly good in sealed .5-.7cf enclosures. If you want to use ghem ported, tune low.

Leave a comment:

• hongrn
    replied
    Originally posted by Beau View Post
    Hong built a Anarchy based speaker.

Muy bueno.

It pounds nicely.
    Thanks Beau. Here's my version of the Anarchy/RS28F, a TMM 2-way. To answer your original question, the midrange is as good as anything I've heard. The system remains one of my favorite speakers, no matter which type of music you prefer.

http://projectgallery.parts-express....he-renditions/

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    Originally posted by wogg View Post
    This led me to ponder a small 2 way with some great bass as well. I was going to try a on paper model using the data here: http://www.audioxpress.com/article/t...6-017r-anarchy

Think an RS28 tweet would make it low enough, with a notch on that woofer 4kHz breakup node?
    Considering that you would cross the Anarchy no higher than 2k, probably lower and that the rs28 can handidly cross at 1500, it would work well.

The peak at 4k is easily dealt with. Probably no more than a small value cap (.33uf or so) in parallel with the woofers inductor or possibly a small value inductor (.010 or so in series with the woofers parallel cap on a 2nd order electrical filter, will tank that nicely without the need for an additional node.

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ---k---
    replied

I believe cjd did a 2.5-way with them and the big SB29. What I recall hearing was really impressive.
    Here's CJD's Anarchy design.
    http://www.divine-audio.com/ansonica/

It won the "Design I'd like to have in my living room" at DIY Chicago 2011.

Leave a comment:

• Beau
    replied
    Hong built a Anarchy based speaker.

Muy bueno.

It pounds nicely.
    Last edited by Beau; 12-01-2016, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied
    Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
    Face (Mike B) did exactly that. He used a waveguide on the tweeter to get a low XO point. I heard it at the NYDIY this summer and it was the best pair there IMO.
    I believe cjd did a 2.5-way with them and the big SB29. What I recall hearing was really impressive.

Leave a comment:

• jclin4
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rickcraig
    replied
    Neutral midrange but needs a tweeter that can cross low if you want to use it in a 2-way.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Rick Craig did a 2 way with the Anarchy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X