Semi-OT: Offering 3D Drafting Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-OT: Offering 3D Drafting Services

Hey guys, I'm living on the road right now and could use some entertainment (and a pinch of income), so I'm offering drafting services. I've done a variety of speaker designs in 3D thus far, I have some additional samples available if you're interested as well. I can also do flat-panel layouts so you can see how much material you'll need (less screw-ups!). All I need is some reference sketches and materials+thicknesses you wish to use.

I also do non-speaker related drafting, so if you've got anything you're working on that you'd like some drawings done, or if you need drawings to get something 3D Printed, let me know!

Attachments are some different things, the PDFs are detailed drawings with dimensions, one has the flat-panel layout as well. The images are just random screen-grabs in the creation process.
    Attached Files

Bumping this back up to the top! Still available. Get those designs ready for building season in the spring!

Comment

If I can make couple of suggestions.
      I get requests to CNC stuff, fairly often. PDF is useless for creating toolpath. It needs to be (in my case) Rhino compatible format. Basically DXF or DWG are universally read by all 3D drawing software packages. There's also STL and a few other formats.
      While complete 3D model is useful for initial design stage, 2D profiles are quite sufficient for cutting , say a speaker baffle.
      HTH
      Roman.
      http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

I can export any of the universal 3d formats, as well as all of the autodesk specific ones, if you were to need anything. The individual 2d faces can be taken off from the 3d drawing fairly easily, for simple cnc work. I also have the capability to do toolpathing, though that becomes controller specific and tooling dependent which generally requires some configuration fiddling which is hard to do remotely! If anyone comes to you with a PDF and wants to have you do the CNC work, I can do the 2d line drawings if you'd like, just send 'em my way.

I wish I had access to a CNC for wood work still, that's always a blast. I did some 3d contour cut horns in the past just for proof of concept at half scale from a solid baffle, that was fun!

Comment

G-code is specific to the CNC and the controller, so I wouldn't recommend to even offer that part.
          The file formats weren't clear from initial post. This is why I chimed in.
          I think it's a useful service. Best of luck!
          http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
            G-code is specific to the CNC and the controller, so I wouldn't recommend to even offer that part.
            The file formats weren't clear from initial post. This is why I chimed in.
            I think it's a useful service. Best of luck!

Thanks for asking questions! Always good to get better information out there for people!

Comment

What kind of prices are you charging?

Comment

Originally posted by downfallat111 View Post
                What kind of prices are you charging?
                It is entirely dependent on what exactly you're looking for. I'm doing this partially for entertainment partially for spending money, but my goal is to make it very affordable. If you've got something in mind toss me a message and we'll work out pricing for what you'd like.

Comment

Going to dig this post up from the grave. I have successfully done a project for one of our fellow members, which is currently in fabrication. Hoping that others may be interested as well!

Comment

Still offering this, if anyone wants a head start on their next project!

Comment

Adam send me a PM with a basic summary of what you are offering. Your services might come in handy in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_G View Post
                        Bumping this back up to the top! Still available. Get those designs ready for building season in the spring!
                        Hey Adam:
                        A while back this caught my eye:

https://3dprint.com/5188/akemake-fir...-wood-speaker/

As well as simpler Sphere and Ovoid shapes to house 4" - 5" drivers.
                        Rough Cost estimates?
                        "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                        “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post

Hey Adam:
                          A while back this caught my eye:

https://3dprint.com/5188/akemake-fir...-wood-speaker/

As well as simpler Sphere and Ovoid shapes to house 4" - 5" drivers.
                          Rough Cost estimates?
                          I don't do the 3d printing myself, so I can't quote the material/print cost, but my costs are hourly, so it should be quite cheap for simple shapes. If you want to toss me a small hand-sketch of what you're thinking I can guestimate how long it would take for you, toss me a PM.

Comment

Wouldn't be for me; I have musician friends with home recording studios that might be interested in a near-field alternative to the classic Auratone 5C type speaker.
                            As a side note: I made a pair of small ovoid speakers years ago ( cheap but labor intensive ), and not near the results a 3d printer could produce.
                            "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                            “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                            "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                              Wouldn't be for me; I have musician friends with home recording studios that might be interested in a near-field alternative to the classic Aurasound 5C type speaker.
                              As a side note: I made a pair of small ovoid speakers years ago ( cheap but labor intensive ), and not near the results a 3d printer could produce.
                              It would be a fun project for the new Dayton coax drivers!

Comment

Working...
                              X