Tech Talk Secret Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Talk Secret Santa

I know this will sound a little goofy, and the logistics may prove unreasonable, but I was talking to my wife about laughably disappointing secret Santa experiences. Not just my own, but those that I've heard of second hand. So after talking for a while, I told her that nobody would be able to surprise me with a gift that I'd actually like except my fellow psychos at Teck Talk. So...

Anybody interested in a Tech Talk Secret Santa?

Dan
    The Hurricanes
    The Baronettes
    Conneccentric
    UX3

Sure thing.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Im in!
      https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

How would that work? A list of participants and then the "secret" assignments. Followed by their physical addresses sent to their respective Secret Santa. Then each Santa icould buy online and have it shipped directly to the "little boy".

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
          How would that work? A list of participants and then the "secret" assignments. Followed by their physical addresses sent to their respective Secret Santa. Then each Santa icould buy online and have it shipped directly to the "little boy".
          Exactly. Details of how to secretly assign names and transfer shipping info would have to be figured out and a target cost decided upon and that's just about it.

Dan
          The Hurricanes
          The Baronettes
          Conneccentric
          UX3

Comment

In.
            Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Figure out the logistics, im in!

Comment

I'm in.
                Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions

Comment

+1

Comment

Sounds like a party! I'll contact PE and see if they can help with the name assignments. They can access the email of everyone who posts in this thread and they should have a vested interest in making it happen! So now on to other details. I'll throw out suggestions, but I'm down for whatever we can all agree upon.

Target Cost: My first thought was to hit the free shipping mark at PE at $100. This would cover a wide selection of items, but might be a little steep even for me.

Deadline for entry: Depending on how fast we can get the names distributed, this is going to have to be pretty soon. I'm thinking this Wednesday (12/14) by midnight - just post that you want in on this thread. Hopefully PE can get the names to us on Thursday and we'll have the weekend to order. Most people should get their packages by Christmas that way.

What are your thoughts? Anything else we need to consider?

Dan
                    The Hurricanes
                    The Baronettes
                    Conneccentric
                    UX3

Comment

$100 might be a bit steep for some on short notice. Maybe we can convince PE to give a discount or free shipping for this on a lower threshold.

$50 seems to be a a good price point this time around to me. Jmo, im still in at this point
                      https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
                        $100 might be a bit steep for some on short notice. Maybe we can convince PE to give a discount or free shipping for this on a lower threshold.

$50 seems to be a a good price point this time around to me. Jmo, im still in at this point
                        I agree. $50 seems reasonable.

Comment

I'm interested, but I have enough drivers and DIY parts on hand that I wouldn't need to order from PE.
                          "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

$50 sounds good to me. Face, I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I'm sure we could accommodate.

Anyone else who is interested, just post here that you want in.

$50 target cost

Dan
                            The Hurricanes
                            The Baronettes
                            Conneccentric
                            UX3

Comment

Hello all! I will step in and help facilitate this for you guys Sounds fun!! For all who would like to participate, please message me your name, address, and email. I will then pull names tomorrow at noon and message you who you have Sound good??

-Jill Chupka

Comment

Working...
                              X