No announcement yet.

Design Team Build: The Boomsticks - 2.5 way tower with 4 x RS100-8 and ND25F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerry, being the theme of your build....
    You can get faux-barbed-wire made of fabric materials from your local JoAnnes, et al. It would be neat to make a grill that slides down over the end made of this stuff to suit your design.

Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf
      Kerry, being the theme of your build.... You can get faux-barbed-wire made of fabric materials from your local JoAnnes, et al. It would be neat to make a grill that slides down over the end made of this stuff to suit your design. Later, Wolf
      I was thinking something more like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0PITP2..._q1MMybMPFY103
      -Kerry

Comment

A couple comparison shots for size perspective. The B&W have a claimed 6.5" woofer but seems to be closer to 6" in reality.
        -Kerry

Comment

Can't believe that you can spray rattle can in the basement.
          My loving and supportive spouse put an end to that quickly when I tried it.

You know, I love the Ash / Boomstick backstory, but I'm thinking that these speakers
          are just too classy to put a cartoony decal on them. Besides, the sound will tend
          to be refined, if not a bit authoritative.

I did a recent survey of many small cheap tweeters, and the ND25F really popped out as a
          low distortion, smooth response high value driver. Planning a future build with them.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
          "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
          SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
          My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Originally posted by donradick
            Can't believe that you can spray rattle can in the basement. My loving and supportive spouse put an end to that quickly when I tried it. You know, I love the Ash / Boomstick backstory, but I'm thinking that these speakers are just too classy to put a cartoony decal on them. Besides, the sound will tend to be refined, if not a bit authoritative. I did a recent survey of many small cheap tweeters, and the ND25F really popped out as a low distortion, smooth response high value driver. Planning a future build with them.
            I've had to do it at night before bed when it's been warm enough to turn off the furnace and the close up all the vents. The decal, if used, would probably go on the back by the binding posts.
            -Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by donradick View Post
              Can't believe that you can spray rattle can in the basement.
              My loving and supportive spouse put an end to that quickly when I tried it.
              +1. And the over spray just sails around the room and covers everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post

Yes it does unfortunately. Mostly on the floor, but still everywhere.
                -Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post

yep. I sometimes use an empty basement room and use a box fan in a window, but you
                  can still smell it upstairs, and yah overspray everywhere. I finally got wise and at least
                  started using a basic particle mask when I using rattle cans.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                  "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                  SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                  My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Put the drivers in and and base on today. Hopefully will be measuring this week.
                    -Kerry

Comment

Looking very nice!

(Big Evil dead fan here)

Comment

Looks wise... the speaker on the left for the WIN!
                        Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
                          I was thinking something more like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0PITP2..._q1MMybMPFY103
                          Yes! Ash for the win
                          See my projects on Instagram and Facebook

Comment

Thanks guys!
                            -Kerry

Comment

Thanks guys!
                              -Kerry

Comment

What did you use for the metallic looking feet atop the base?

Comment

Working...
                                X