No announcement yet.

Design Team Build: The Boomsticks - 2.5 way tower with 4 x RS100-8 and ND25F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They turned out really nice Kerry. The pics in the project gallery look much better than the pics you posted earlier in the thread, different phone or camera?? At first, I wasn't sure what to think of the color you picked but after seeing them completed, love it. From the looks of the FR, they should be pretty sweet sounding as well. Looking forward to checking these out at MWAF. How bout your wife, is she happy with how they turned out?
    My "No-Name" CC Speaker
    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
    Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
    The Archers
    Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
    The Gandalf's

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post
      They turned out really nice Kerry. The pics in the project gallery look much better than the pics you posted earlier in the thread, different phone or camera?? At first, I wasn't sure what to think of the color you picked but after seeing them completed, love it. From the looks of the FR, they should be pretty sweet sounding as well. Looking forward to checking these out at MWAF. How bout your wife, is she happy with how they turned out?
      I was using my iPhone before, and my camera on it was also suffering from dirt on the light sensor, so i kept having issues with it. I pulled out the DSLR for the shots in the gallery. I have more at home that I will post within the next couple days.

Color-wise, there is still uneven shading in the finish. The one on the left imparticular, has a more orange color and is lighter on the sides. It was hard to see it outside when I sprayed but a day later inside you could definitely tell. I need to go back and put another coat of the red on over the top to even it out a bit, but I probably won't get to that until after InDIYana. My wife is pretty happy with them though. She doesn't really like the finish on the Standards, but does on these. They are also much slimmer in person than they look in the pictures. It is really hard to tell how small they are from pictures, even with other cabinets next to them. I took them over to Dan P's house for a quick listen and he was really surprised in person with the size.

Sound-wise, I think these turned out really nice. I listened to them next to the Standards and while the bass extension is not a good, I think they sound better overall, especially in the midrange. I think I'm going to go back and make some adjustments to the crossover on those now. I hooked them up in my HT last night and moved the B&W speakers out. After level adjusting and removing the EQ I had in place on the B&W speakers, I played some video games. Panning from left to right is much more seemless now with my center channel. There was always a difference in tonality before. It wasn't always easy to hear on movies but definitely there on games where you can manually pan the sound as your character looks around the screen. Now it's much, much closer now even though their not identical speakers.
      -Kerry

Comment

Working...
      X