Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ronk
    replied
    My tracking for binding posts and the .22 caps finally appeared and it says Monday estimated delivery - meh. I hope to get it by Friday so I have the weekend to complete build.

Leave a comment:

• Evan Steeves
    replied
    well, that was a bit of a pain in my butt.

Had to call Parts-Express twice to get the order right, only to realize I could not order through phone, because they did not have the option for 'UPS Standard' shipping available (was only available for online orders), and the next best option was USPS which was more than double the price to ship to Canada! So I had them cancel the order and I then re-ordered again online, with binding posts that were in stock, the C-note speaker kit and a pack of 100 pan-head black screws (can never have enough of those for speaker builds!)

Hopefully, the order will be assembled and shipped out today, as I am in Canada it should take a bit longer for shipping. Then dealing with UPS to give me documentation for taxes, since they always try to charge crazy premiums, whereas I always clear the items myself and pay much less.

Leave a comment:

• kenrhodes
    replied
    My kit will be here tomorrow, I hope I can star building right away. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what bracing would work best for this box. In my head a couple of dowel braces side to side should do the job.
    Let me know what your thoughts are and any other advice you might have.

Leave a comment:

• Dewmiester
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan Steeves View Post
    aah...good news...It is possible they are waiting on the Dayton BPA-38G HD Binding Post , which seem to also be out of stock. Wondering if there's an alternative they DO have in stock so they could ship out asap.
    I was going to order binding posts but the 2 or 3 I wanted were all out of stock.
    I'll borrow some from another project, replace them later.

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    Wow, the .22 uF cap completely kills any aluminium breakup on the graph. I will stick the caps in my build. Yup, the schematic is exactly where I thought the cap should go. I will solder the crossover as soon as my binding posts and caps arrive. Good job with the measurements Chris.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Perez
    replied
    Here is the woofer response with the crossover design as is:
    Blue= system response
    Orange= Woofer response
    Black= Woofer response with existing crossover

Here is the woofer with the additional 0.22 uF cap:
    Blue= system response
    Orange= Woofer response
    Black= Woofer response with crossover including 0.22 uF cap

And here is the woofer crossover schematic showing the location of the 0.22 uF cap:

The leads on most cap are plenty long enough to just piggyback the cap right on top of L2... just hook one side of the cap to one side of L2 and the other side of the cap to the other side of L2 (I'm not so sure those instructions are helping anyone, lol )

I hope that helps, at least a little,
    Chris P

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    excuse my ignorance again, where exactly would the cap go in the crossover circuit? Also I will call them today after work, also probably add two 0.22uF caps :D
    Directly parallel with L2 in the schematic.

Leave a comment:

• Evan Steeves
    replied
    excuse my ignorance again, where exactly would the cap go in the crossover circuit? Also I will call them today after work, also probably add two 0.22uF caps :D

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    About the extra caps, I will just put them and not do an AB test unless I have problems and then take them out. According to Chris, it works. On paper, the .22 caps should reduce the aluminium cone breakup to 40+db below reference.

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    ^ Call PE. My binding posts were back ordered. When I placed the order, the estimated date of arrival was early March. When I checked yesterday, it had changed to mid april. I called PE and asked to change the order to a different set of binding posts. I snuck in the .22 caps and .205 female quick disconnects without having to pay additional shipping and handing because I qualified for free shipping the first time. I plan to start my build on Friday. if the weather is nice.

Leave a comment:

• Evan Steeves
    replied
    aah...good news...It is possible they are waiting on the Dayton BPA-38G HD Binding Post , which seem to also be out of stock. Wondering if there's an alternative they DO have in stock so they could ship out asap.

Leave a comment:

• Dewmiester
    replied
    those look good Chris!

Mine still haven't shipped out yet. My worry is that when I click on the link to each of the drivers in the kit, they are all 'Out of stock'...is this because PE allotted the available drivers to the kits, or are there really none in stock at all, making the kit also 'Out of stock' (even though they don't say they are out of stock)? Tweeters say expected availability is May 31...I REALLY do not want to wait three months to get this kit!
    I ordered mine late Friday 3/3, shipped Monday 3/6. Expect it to arrive Wednesday 3/8.

Leave a comment:

• Evan Steeves
    replied
    Originally posted by ronk View Post
    ^. My guess is that PE has packed all the existing stock into kits for easy shipment. If the C-Note is available, you should be getting it soon.

Hope you are right! I am too anxious/excited to wait that long :D Let me know about the extra capacitors, if you end up using them what kind of difference you hear...I am pretty sure I can source them locally.

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    ^. My guess is that PE has packed all the existing stock into kits for easy shipment. If the C-Note is available, you should be getting it soon.

Leave a comment:

• Evan Steeves
    replied
    those look good Chris!

Mine still haven't shipped out yet. My worry is that when I click on the link to each of the drivers in the kit, they are all 'Out of stock'...is this because PE allotted the available drivers to the kits, or are there really none in stock at all, making the kit also 'Out of stock' (even though they don't say they are out of stock)? Tweeters say expected availability is May 31...I REALLY do not want to wait three months to get this kit!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X