• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris_Perez
    replied
    Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post

Where'd you get the iron on melamine?
    Yep, Wolf is right...we have it at Parts Express. Available in black, grey, and white.
    Band-It White Melamine 24" x 96" Iron-On

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    Ooh, looks so cool. My original binding posts are on back order until 4/13. So I called PE to cancel the binding post order and replace with a different binding post. I was also able to sneak in the .22 caps and .205 female disconnect for free shipping. I can start building my C note by the end of the week. My vinyl cutting tool also arrived at HD.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    PE...

Leave a comment:

• Navy Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris_Perez View Post
    C-note wrapped in white iron-on melamine. Quick and easy finish. Took less than two hours and only need a break-away razor, iron, and something to push out the air bubbles... I use a plastic carpet stair tool, but anything that isn't very hard with a good strait edge will work (piece of scrap wood).
    Where'd you get the iron on melamine?

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Perez
    replied
    C-note wrapped in white iron-on melamine. Quick and easy finish. Took less than two hours and only need a break-away razor, iron, and something to push out the air bubbles... I use a plastic carpet stair tool, but anything that isn't very hard with a good strait edge will work (piece of scrap wood).

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    replied
    Thanks Chris. As I put in an earlier post, I don't need another pair of 'workshop speakers' at the moment, but these really are great value. I really asked the question on behalf of other purchasers.

As I noted in an earlier post, the landed cost for these in Australia is far less than I could purchase the parts and MDF for!

I think PE will sell a heap of these, and if it gets people started in DIY that would be great.

Good luck

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Perez
    replied
    Originally posted by Geoff Millar
    Would it be easier to attach the front baffle after the crossover has been installed, and the binding posts connected to the crossover? Or is there a reason why the cabinet has to be completed before you do this?
    Hey Geoff,
    No reason what so ever... You could install the crossover anytime.

You could also use one of our 3" x 5" perforated boards for a little cleaner look. Print the point-to-point diagram from the manual and use it as a template, it is pretty much to scale. Mount the components to the board and make all the connections on the back (the leads are just long enough). Install the boards with a couple screws (not as permanent as my gorilla glue method, lol).

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    replied
    We did this video a little differently. This one is more of a manual. Only 5 minutes, but I think James B (he makes our videos) managed to show everything very well... Especially the crossover assembly. Leave a comment let us know what you think.
    Hello

Thank you for the video, it always helps to have a guide - especially for the crossover!
    I have a question about the assembly sequence for the cabinet: for people with big hands, would it be easier to attach the front baffle after the crossover has been installed, and the binding posts connected to the crossover? Or is there a reason why the cabinet has to be completed before you do this?

Just a thought, but I know in my case doing things in that order would be less fiddly and reduce swear word output.

Thanks again to PE for an absolute bargain

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• skatz
    replied
    Originally posted by ronk View Post

Yes, I might add a second coat to my overnight sensations with water based poly or just use neutral shoe polish ( I cannot seem to find neutral in the stores anymore). Anyway the overnight sensations with real wood looks nice unfinished or with one polyurethane coat.

The C-Note has to be painted or covered because the MDF looks ugly unfinished and MDF also has bad odor.

Check out Renaissance wax. Haven't tried it yet myself, but plan to.

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    Thanks JHollander. Let me think a few days about which direction I will go first. I may build something else and have more orders from PE and will be able to get the caps directly from PE.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    I've got some .22 polyester caps I can mail, send me a PM with your address if you are interested.

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    I'm with you on the shipping ronk, lol.
    Those Tang Bands are super nice. That will be a fun tiny project.

I just posted my questions for my next full range build in a new thread. Suggestions anyone? I am mostly thinking of TB 2142 or TB 2143 but am open to other drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Perez
    replied
    I'm with you on the shipping ronk, lol.
    Those Tang Bands are super nice. That will be a fun tiny project.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Perez
    replied
    We did this video a little differently. This one is more of a manual. Only 5 minutes, but I think James B (he makes our videos) managed to show everything very well... Especially the crossover assembly. Leave a comment let us know what you think.

Leave a comment:

• ronk
    replied
    A 40 db drop at the peak woofer breakup is worth having. But if I want to get the caps, I will probably have to wait until i have enough to buy to get the free shipping. I am cheap and not going to pay $7.00 shipping for $3.00 of caps. I am thinking of building another full range somewhat like my TB W3 2141 in the Denova .04 cu ft enclosure. I will start another thread asking for advice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X