Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

InDIYana 2017 Fallout/Precursory InDIYana 2018 Theme Poll....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dergreg
    replied
    Originally posted by KEtheredge87 View Post
    Hi Dergreg! Welcome to the forum. You're absolutely welcome to come out, even if you don't have a project. My first InDIYana was last year and I didn't have a project then. Just hang out, learn, listen, and have a good time. Do check the event web page for more info (https://sites.google.com/site/indiyanaevent/home) If you're for-sure coming, you should call the hotel ASAP and get a room booked, and make sure you message Ben S. (Wolf on this forum Wolf) as he's keeping official count of who's coming.

Hope to see you then!

And thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dergreg
    replied
    If I can't get a room booked I'll just come down on Saturday. I live in southern Michigan so it's just a couple hours out. Sorry to revive this old(ish) thread!

Leave a comment:

• KEtheredge87
    replied
    Originally posted by dergreg View Post
    I'm a part of Javad's Facebook group and I'm really interested in coming out to InDIYana. I won't have a speaker, though. Is that all right?
    Hi Dergreg! Welcome to the forum. You're absolutely welcome to come out, even if you don't have a project. My first InDIYana was last year and I didn't have a project then. Just hang out, learn, listen, and have a good time. Do check the event web page for more info (https://sites.google.com/site/indiyanaevent/home) If you're for-sure coming, you should call the hotel ASAP and get a room booked, and make sure you message Ben S. (Wolf on this forum Wolf) as he's keeping official count of who's coming.

Hope to see you then!

Leave a comment:

• dergreg
    replied
    I'm a part of Javad's Facebook group and I'm really interested in coming out to InDIYana. I won't have a speaker, though. Is that all right?

Leave a comment:

• KEtheredge87
    replied
    Fantastic! I'm saving the date, and planning to bring a competition-legal set of speakers as well as a two way I've been fiddling with to learn crossover design!

Leave a comment:

• JavadS
    replied
    Sweet!

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Bump!!! InDIYana 2018 dates are official!

I'll be updating the website in the near future, but the dates are April 27/28, 2018 for the next InDIYana speaker building event. We will be at the Hampton Inn on Dupont Road again this year.

Come if you can, and please let me know if you are,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by tyger23 View Post
    Ben, is keeping up with the Jones's locked in? That's a pretty cool theme.

Here's an idea for a future DIY - "Toot your own horns". Do a design with multiple horn loaded drivers, aka Klipsch Cornwall. Maybe require the sensitivity to be high, etc. This would be very challenging but could result in some fabulous monkey coffins.

Hopefully I get to see you guys next year. It's been too long!

Yes, #59 states that it's official. "To 11and beyond" would allow for that horn system.
    Yes, hope you can make it out.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• tyger23
    replied
    Ben, is keeping up with the Jones's locked in? That's a pretty cool theme.

Here's an idea for a future DIY - "Toot your own horns". Do a design with multiple horn loaded drivers, aka Klipsch Cornwall. Maybe require the sensitivity to be high, etc. This would be very challenging but could result in some fabulous monkey coffins.

Hopefully I get to see you guys next year. It's been too long!

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Xover components not included in cost.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I guess there isn't a restriction on the coax size, but there is on the price and the total cabinet size. FWIW, the coax would be easier to use if it's a 6" or smaller, but don't let me decide that for you. Yes- the woofer is required to make this a 3-way as targeted. Obviously, no open-back stuff allowed, waveguides and PRs add to price used. Multiple woofers allowed as long as the cost falls in line. If you use 4x woofers for $37.50 and the coax is <$150, then you're golden as long as the volume is in line. Custom coaxes, automotive, professional, whatever; as long as it's repeatable and not NLA or buyout at time of purchase. One entry per person, please.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• JavadS
    replied
    Ok something weird with Tapatalk (no surprise!) Couple questions, any size restriction on the coax? Is the second woofer required? Any other size restrictions? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    It's there when I look at it.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• JavadS
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Sorry- I don't understand!? Wolf
    There is no #5 after 4 on the front page (Strange but a bunch of stuff I wrote in a post above never showed up)

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Sorry- I don't understand!?
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X