Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhollander
    replied
    No not really it's a pretty tight fit so there not much room. There's is minimal effect on the response.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John, Is there any guidelines to centering the midrange and woofers over the holes they fire into?

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    Thanks again John!

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    On page 7 of the drawing PDF, page 15 or the write up. I've also attached a picture
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John, I'm preparing to cut the side panels of the horn. I see in the plans both ends should have 45 degree bevels but what is the length of the side panel? Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-05 232049.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1436083

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Doesn't model like a BP6 as the port is to short. The volume in front of the woofer does change the response but as I recall it's out of the pass band.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John, will using a 3/4” inch woofer spacing ring negatively effect the woofer response? Is the woofer seeing a bp6 loading since there are ports on each side?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    commented on 's reply
    For the port mounting blocks, not exactly, I think I started with 3 inch and cut them down. You can also use wood mount blocks and epoxy in the first piece of pvc pipe

• shrub0
    replied
    John, do you remember what size the pvc mounting blocks are?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, exactly. As I mentioned in post 133 this is easier to do when the hold down board extends to the saw blade

• shrub0
    replied
    Ok John, I finally understand, thanks for your patience. So when using the relief cut jig do I just line it up so that the saw will just fully cut the 22 degree angle and not reduce the width anymore then needed?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Yes that shows the 22 degree relief cut.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    Or is the 22 degree bevel shown in this picture in pink.Click image for larger version

Name:	side panel bevel.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	1431198

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    No, the purple line is the 45 degree angle you cut before you started using the jigs. The jig in your picture is the 22 degree relief cut jig. A better version of this jig has the hold down board extending al the way to the saw blade.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    Ok I think the source of my confusion is this picture. Should'nt we be cutting the purple line at 22 degress?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	relief jig.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1431191

Leave a comment:

Working...
X