Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shrub0
    replied
    John, any dimensions or tips on making the tweeter mounting pieces?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    That looks right to me.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John,
    Is this the correct orientation for the 22 degree bevel cuts? My table saw tilts to the left like yours.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    No not really it's a pretty tight fit so there not much room. There's is minimal effect on the response.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John, Is there any guidelines to centering the midrange and woofers over the holes they fire into?

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    Thanks again John!

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    On page 7 of the drawing PDF, page 15 or the write up. I've also attached a picture
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John, I'm preparing to cut the side panels of the horn. I see in the plans both ends should have 45 degree bevels but what is the length of the side panel? Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-05 232049.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1436083

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Doesn't model like a BP6 as the port is to short. The volume in front of the woofer does change the response but as I recall it's out of the pass band.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John, will using a 3/4” inch woofer spacing ring negatively effect the woofer response? Is the woofer seeing a bp6 loading since there are ports on each side?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    commented on 's reply
    For the port mounting blocks, not exactly, I think I started with 3 inch and cut them down. You can also use wood mount blocks and epoxy in the first piece of pvc pipe

• shrub0
    replied
    John, do you remember what size the pvc mounting blocks are?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, exactly. As I mentioned in post 133 this is easier to do when the hold down board extends to the saw blade

• shrub0
    replied
    Ok John, I finally understand, thanks for your patience. So when using the relief cut jig do I just line it up so that the saw will just fully cut the 22 degree angle and not reduce the width anymore then needed?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Yes that shows the 22 degree relief cut.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X