Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shrub0
    replied
    Or is the 22 degree bevel shown in this picture in pink.Click image for larger version

Name:	side panel bevel.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	1431198

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    No, the purple line is the 45 degree angle you cut before you started using the jigs. The jig in your picture is the 22 degree relief cut jig. A better version of this jig has the hold down board extending al the way to the saw blade.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    Ok I think the source of my confusion is this picture. Should'nt we be cutting the purple line at 22 degress?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	relief jig.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1431191

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    The first jig has the saw blade set at 90 degrees. The 45 degree angles have already been cut before you use the first jig.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    Ok, but in response to my first question the saw is set at 45 when using the first jig?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Not sure that's right. You would need a left hand and right hand jig, where one is flipped top to bottom. Like I said, I'd have to cut a bunch of parts to figure it out. I do know that what I drew up is what I used.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    I appreciate your help John.

I think what I was confused with is the bevel angle of the saw when using the side panel cutting jig. It should be 45 degrees correct?

So the second jig you are referring to would look like this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jig2.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1430950

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Just re read that note. That instruction is for the side piece cutting. The base for the jig can be any size to accommodate the angles. So that means the the side piece started as 9 inch by 27 inches. I cut 45 degrees on both of the long edges and got the width down to 8.94" then ran them through the first 90 degree jig.

You would not need to make the second jig if you made two of the angle cutting jigs to be able to cut both sides of the relief cut. Like I said in an earlier post I made a lot a scrap cutting these parts. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    Thanks for the quick reply John. What size are the side boards before going into the 1st right angle jig?
    Is it possible to cut a 22 degree bevel on one side of the side panels before putting it into the 1st jig to avoid building the second jig?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    That is the jig fabrication instruction. You will need a board that is at least 27 inches long and 9 inches wide to be the table saw sled. Layout the 3 dimensions to get the angle cut.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John,
    I started my build of your design. So far I've got the top and bottom parts of the horn cut.

One question, on page 16 of the write up it's says cut a 1/2 inch board 27 inches long by 22.71cm. Should that be 27 cm by 22.71 cm?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Thanks Bill. You were a great help in making this happen. There is still room for improvement in the top end and cleaning up some of the honk.

Leave a comment:

• bwaslo
    replied
    jhollander, I just now saw the response you got on that. That is really impressive!

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Mark, back on post #24 Bill W. and I talk about how we want a small back chamber to drive the mid-box frequency higher. So, yes leave it small. The x-o is designed to flatten out the peaks.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John, a depth of 2.5" for the midrange enclosure doesn't leave much breathing room for the pole vent. Would 3" be better or would this adversely effect the crossover and frequency response?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X