Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhollander
    commented on 's reply
    The PDF Horn response model is not correct for this horn. I can't find the old model for HR

• jhollander
    replied
    No targeted sensitivity that I recall. They were measured with a undocumented volume/ voltage at about 98 cm. There's no way to reproduce the driver responses without measuring.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    Ok thanks John, did you also target a sensitivity around 85db for the woofers?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    The low pass target was LR4 at 400 Hz. The x-o was tuned for a deep null when reversing the mid in the simulation.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John, thanks for sharing the hornresp model. Did you have a target curve for the low pass? Was baffle step a consideration?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    I used Horn Response to determine the design (location and size) of the ports into the horn for the drivers. This gave me an idea if the drivers had enough overlap to be able to create a passive x-o. After I got close I built a test speaker and experimented with hole locations. Attached is the HR model for the woofers. Since I did this model HR has been updated to perform multiple entry horns.

Hornresp DC160 in Dayton horn.pdf

Actual measured woofer

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John I'm curious on how you modelled the horn in hornresp (post #10) can you share your inputs?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    commented on 's reply
    Looks nice

• shrub0
    replied
    John,
    I’m making some headway. Thanks for your advice along the way.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    I used PVC glue for the PVC pieces and epoxy on the PVC to wood flanges iirc.

You can trim or add to the pvc as it's very exposed on the back

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John, should I use PVC glue for the attaching the port pieces to each other or would silicone be better? I plan to use silicone for the last section in case I don't like the tuning.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Not that I recall. The sides were 45 with a back cut to fit tight, then glued and sanded flat. That could be some bondo to flatten the mounting surface as well.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John, any dimensions or tips on making the tweeter mounting pieces?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    That looks right to me.

Leave a comment:

• shrub0
    replied
    John,
    Is this the correct orientation for the 22 degree bevel cuts? My table saw tilts to the left like yours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X