Zaph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaph

It's a real shame. I often look at his website.

Comment

There's still plenty of relevant data on Zaph's site, most of the drivers in his tests are still available. I always wonderd how well his sales are of the ZA14 driver, I've rarely seen DIY projects online using it, which is a shame since it is actually a very nice driver.
      "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
      exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
        I always wonderd how well his sales are of the ZA14 driver, I've rarely seen DIY projects online using it, which is a shame since it is actually a very nice driver.
        He told me they are doing really well. The madisound kits sell well and Dennis Murphy is using them now in his little monitor. Seems like I just seen someone else start using them recently (commercially) but can't recall. I've got a dipole concept using them just waiting for me to build when I get finished with house remodel stuff. And when I get through finalizing a waveguide design for the SB26 I'll for sure be doing a small monitor with them. IF you don't need deep bass, and IF you aren't crossing very high, I think they sounded best when I compared them to SB paper and poly, Scan Disco, Dayton Ref paper, and Peerless Nomex.
        ~Brandon 8O
        Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
        Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
        DriverVault
        Soma Sonus

Comment

5 years! Gosh I knew it had been a while but wow didnt realize it had been that long. I also still go to his site! Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2...oSKdB448TTVEnQ

Comment

I think I learned more from John's site and his excellently documented designs than anywhere else. So thanks John! His explanation of ladder delay networks in his ZD5 build is still the most informative one I've found.
            "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Originally posted by cooper View Post
              Hard to believe it’s been over 5 years since Zaph’s last post. Hope he’s doing well.
              This should help.

Comment

Why is it he no longer posts here?

Comment

Originally posted by ernperkins View Post
                  I think I learned more from John's site and his excellently documented designs than anywhere else. So thanks John! His explanation of ladder delay networks in his ZD5 build is still the most informative one I've found.

and the one design I spent the most time, trying to figure out...

Comment

Great site! I have always wanted to build his Seas waveguide design. I also loved his obsession
                    with distortion or the lack there of it.
                    Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Waboo View Post
                      Why is it he no longer posts here?
                      Got a life to live, I imagine. He was developing a cult-like status, that maybe he wasn't comfortable with. Especially on other forums, where they say his name with hushed messianic tones. Kind of like what happened with NwWavGuy (except that guy was a con artist IMO). Who wants to deal with all that? It's just speakers.

Comment

Forum rules do not forbid having a life.

Comment

His blog showed he was (seriously) cycling, which he may have found to be an even more efficient way to spend his disposable income (have you see what some of THAT stuff sells for?).

Comment

I think he had a baby too? (THAT even slowed Ben down for a while - Not everywhere, but here on TT it did !)

Comment

One major thing I learn from Zaph's site is that data never lies. Learned the same thing from Jeff, Charlie, and countless guys on this forum. Lip service without data is meaningless, and lately, there has been so much crap posted without backing data.
                              Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                              ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                              LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                              Sonata Soundbar Project
                              The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Working...
                              X