SEOS-8 Waveguide T Labs SB etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xmax View Post
    What waveguide Pete? My TLs or Viawaves will go in my "keeper" system whoever wins!

Custom guides. This one is 8" diameter and 2" deep. Recently did one that was only 1.5" deep with a throat that did not cover the surround, and it turned out spectacularly.

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Wow, stunning, if they sound anywhere near as good as they look they must be simply mind blowing!
      Any in Michigan or Nashville?
      Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

I got the drawing correct on the seos waveguide now. Lol took a bit of fiddling!
        My Build Thread's
        Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Tight! Do you have a DXF? I'm going to try it with the Tang Band W8-2096 and peerless monster.
          I will be sharing the XO and measurements of the waveguide if anybody is interested.
          Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Yeh, i pmed you i saved my baffle as dxf i can send it too you.
            My Build Thread's
            Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post
              Wow, stunning, if they sound anywhere near as good as they look they must be simply mind blowing!
              Any in Michigan or Nashville?
              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
              Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

I think I will start the testing with the XT25SC40-04
                DIY tells me it will glue right in the WG and it is still
                available! Does anybody have any experience
                with it? I have a pair coming tomorrow.
                Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike220 View Post
                  I got the drawing correct on the seos waveguide now. Lol took a bit of fiddling!

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
                    Rumor mill now is they are going to move and open in a new facility.
                    Nope. They are out of business.
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by dynamo View Post

I’ve had these two parts staring me in the face for quite a while now for a large driver two way.. maybe this summer

Yup, I have some W8-2096's I could not get any non-wave-guide tweeters to work very well with, maybe one of these will
                      do the trick.
                      Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

Nope. They are out of business.
                        Wolf
                        That really is too bad. Guessing you had confirming conversation?

Comment

From Cristian himself.
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Makes me wonder if people will stock up while they can or be a bit afraid to with no replacements. I like to see manufacturers and distributors grow, not dwindle.

Comment

I wouldnt mind an extra ceramic TL tweeter in case i want a center or one breaks.
                              My Build Thread's

Comment

Finally getting time to continue testing the current line up is
                                Waver TW030WA11
                                SEAS Prestige 27TBCD/GB-DXT
                                Satori TW29R Ring Dome Tweeter
                                Scanspeak D2604/833000
                                Transducer Labs N26MG
                                Peerless XT25SC40-04 ON SEQ8 WAVEGUIDE
                                DAYTON RS28 ON WAVE GUIDE
                                VIAWAVE 145
                                I will mount any of these domes on the WG if requested via clamps.

I will be using both FuzzMeasure and REW all tweeters will be mounted on a 20" +/- 2" baffle
                                using a B&K 4007 mic (not calibrated), calibrated U-MM6 with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 also a calibrated U-MM6
                                the mic will be 12" and there will not be any reflective surfaces within 3ft.
                                The drivers will be actively crossed over @ 1500hz and 2KHZ for the domes 2000hz and 2500hz for the Viawave 24dB per Octave.
                                I will run them at 2 voltages and NOT spl match them, the voltages have yet to be determined probably 2.83v for the lower voltage

Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Working...
                                X