Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching thread on assymetrical slopes

Hello,

I remember Reading a thread a few weeks/Months agoon assymetrical slopes. The point, as I remember, was that the ”assymetry” could be ”both ways” in that the higher order could be chosen on the tweeter or on the woofer.

I plan to design a new system and need to decide on method of ”time alignment” tw/ mid. Physical or electrical.

IF anyone of you know, please post a link.

Regards/Lasse
    Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

This?
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...mmetric-slopes
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Asymmetrical slopes provide phase alignment, not necessarily time alignment. There's really not much to it, you make adjustments until the phase lines up where you want it to, which is usually at the crossover frequency, on the tweeter axis.
      "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
      exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Hi,
        The punch line in the thread was that you had a choise to have the higher order on the tweeter or in the woofer, the 90 degrees rotation worked so that you ended up with a typically good phase tracking either way. Assuming crossover abt 3 kHz and 1” inch delta AC.

Or did I dream this up?

Regards// Lasse

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X