Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best crossover point between 400hz and 1000hz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EarlK
    replied
    Originally posted by Music is life View Post
    Forgot to say that in this application the midrange (horn) will be in front of the midbass (horn) and not behind it, if that makes a difference.

I'd advise you to at least align the voice coils belonging to the two different horn drivers ( that's way better than a kick in the pants ).

Last edited by EarlK; 04-15-2018, 12:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• philthien
    replied
    Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
    Anything below 800Hz can be an issue, so it's an area to be avoided.
    Can you elaborate?

Leave a comment:

• Music is life
    replied
    Forgot to say that in this application the midrange (horn) will be in front of the midbass (horn) and not behind it, if that makes a difference.

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied
    Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
    Parts start costing more the lower you go too.

Leave a comment:

• EarlK
    replied
    Originally posted by Music is life View Post
    When a passive crossover is Necessary and time alignment is Not Possible. Is there a less problematic to the ears frequency between 400hz and 1000hz to cross over at?
    My advice is to not make this choice strictly an intellectual exercise ( ie; let your ears also guide you ).

I listen to a lot of my favourite classical music through horns only ( using various compression drivers ) to assess the drivers ability in the lower octaves ( using various passive crossover topologies ).

Classical music can sound surprisingly full range with a second order 750 hz crossover point ( & I can hear the grunge start to take hold when using a simple first order with smaller diaphragmed drivers ).

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied
    There are too many variables to just pick a crossover frequency. The best crossover frequency will depend on the drivers being used along with the baffle they are on. IMO in a properly designed crossover there really no problematic area if the drivers are up to task.

Leave a comment:

• Best crossover point between 400hz and 1000hz?

When a passive crossover is Necessary and time alignment is Not Possible. Is there a less problematic to the ears frequency between 400hz and 1000hz to cross over at?
Working...
X