Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    It does have an acoustic function. It keeps you from screaming loudly when the dome gets dinked.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• bill poster
    replied
    unless the grill has an acoustic function Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bill poster
    replied
    Looks much nicer without the grill imo. Maybe 3D print a shallow waveguide for it? Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied
    Usually, thermal compression isn't the problem at low frequencies . . . excursion is.

Leave a comment:

• ecj
    replied
    Few pics for those interested, the faceplate aperture is 35mm and the grill diameter is 40mm. The cast faceplate is very thin at 1.5mm but seems rigid enough. Could be a nice feature for anyone that hates dealing with flush mounting. Some moderate spl distortion tests showed very low distortion to 1khz.

Trying to find a fault, I wonder if thermal compression might be a limiting factor when crossing this tweeter over really low. It doesn't have fluid cooling or the coil surface area of tweeters like the old RS28, Morels, etc. But maybe that thick copper cap will wick enough heat into that heatsink? Just a thought.
    Last edited by ecj; 05-18-2018, 02:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Ooh! That sounds cool...
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• olu78
    replied
    Hopefully Tymphany will release the revamped HDS series of mid-woofers with their massive underhung motors, sometime soon. Back in 2014 when I first got wind of the DA-series tweeters, the most intriguing bits of news were the datasheets for the new HDS midwoofers. The 6.5/7" platform includes 135-mm underhung ferrite motors, copper pole caps, alongside shorting rings and additional refinements. Let's hope they hit the market soon!!
    Last edited by olu78; 05-18-2018, 12:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Full measurements tomorrow!  

Leave a comment:

• jonasz
    replied
    There's a big brother too...

https://www.tymphany.com/peerless/dr...etail/?id=1894

Leave a comment:

• civit
    replied
    Originally posted by augerpro View Post
    One on the way! We'll see what it looks like on a waveguide!
    What waveguide will you attempt to fit it to? I'm looking to build a hifi waveguide two way soon, so I am following with great interest.

Leave a comment:

• augerpro
    replied
    One on the way! We'll see what it looks like on a waveguide!

Leave a comment:

• humphreyblowdart
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied
    Originally posted by humphreyblowdart View Post
    Way to bury the lede.

It has a flat faceplate! The odds of waveguide compatibility look favorable.
    Now all I need to know is the diameter of that grid.  It might fit in the SEOS-8.

Leave a comment:

• humphreyblowdart
    replied
    Way to bury the lede.

It has a flat faceplate! The odds of waveguide compatibility look favorable.

Leave a comment:

• augerpro
    replied
    Has anyone tested a version of this motor?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X