No announcement yet.

I think I may get spoiled (OT somewhat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I may get spoiled (OT somewhat)

Not to bury the lede, I'm getting married in our back yard this Saturday. I was planning on taking my OSTMMs down to provide music for the party. A friend of mine insisted on loaning me some equipment. I got more than I bargained for! This is, no joke, maybe 1/20th of what he has squirreled away. We took these from his storage unit. I hope I still have the hearing left to appreciate these gems and that I don't get spoiled.
    Attached Files

Congratulations on the wedding. Take my advice, don't drink TOO much, and enjoy yourself

Comment

Watch out for people setting their beer on the amplifier.

Comment

Jake, my "drinking days" are 20 years behind me. I still love to sip on them but 2 beers and I get sleepy.Thank you for the sage advice though.

djg, I think I will put the amp in a sealed (ventilated) box. Maybe I'll cover the top of the amp and speakers with spikes. I'm sad to say it, but most of the music will probably be streamed through a BT receiver. The system is definitely overkill for the source. I will get to play with it for a while afterwards though with better sources. My friend has a habit of leaving equipment in situ for a while since it will only go back into the storage unit.

Comment

Working...
        X