Poll: InDIYana 2019 theme selections...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf,

For our own music for demoing, is there any ability to use a format other than CD, i.e. aux in/phone? I've got a few favorites in FLAC on my phone, which utilizes a pretty good ESS Sabre DAC with 2v output. I'd like to use it if possible.

Thanks
    All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

• You'll have to talk to either Rory or Chuck. I don't know yet who is supplying the front end, but both in the past have had this option available.
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• OK, BIG CHANGE FROM LAST YEAR!!! PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

THERE ARE TO BE NO, AS IN ZERO, ADULT BEVERAGES CONSUMED WITHIN THE MEETING PLACE THIS YEAR. THE HOTEL'S MEETING PLACE POLICY HAS CHANGED, AND THEY ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED. IF WE WANT TO KEEP HAVING THIS EVENT AT THE HAMPTON DUPONT, OR EVEN AT ALL, I HIGHLY SUGGEST WE ABIDE BY THIS NEW SET OF GUIDELINES.

This will be changed on the website, and added whenever I notify other forums.

Later,
        Wolf
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolf View Post
          You'll have to talk to either Rory or Chuck. I don't know yet who is supplying the front end, but both in the past have had this option available.
          Wolf
          Right on. Thanks for the update. And as much as I like drinking beers, I'm not going to be drinking at an event where I'll be driving to/from. If it were local where I could Uber it home, it might be a different story. Not that I'd jeopardize this event anyways. I respect you and the others putting it on enough to not do something so selfish.
          All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            Wolf,

For our own music for demoing, is there any ability to use a format other than CD, i.e. aux in/phone? )
            Scott I've had no trouble with this in year's past, and as long as you bring a headphone jack to dual RCA cable anything can be done through an RCA input on the preamp.

Ben good call regardless, thanks!

Javad

--
            Javad Shadzi
            Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

• Flights and room booked, will see you all there.
              Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                Flights and room booked, will see you all there.
                Alright, Johnny! Been a while since I've seen you there!

Dan
                The Hurricanes
                The Baronettes
                Conneccentric
                UX3

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  Wolf,

For our own music for demoing, is there any ability to use a format other than CD, i.e. aux in/phone? I've got a few favorites in FLAC on my phone, which utilizes a pretty good ESS Sabre DAC with 2v output. I'd like to use it if possible.

Thanks
                  Scott, I will be bringing my Classe Audio preamp. I can accommodate your phone easily with a 3.5mm to rca adapter. The preamp also has xlr ins. We will be using the xlr outs to Bens Crown amp. I should have a sub available as well.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

• I plan on attending, but won't be participating in the theme contest, and may or may not be bringing a new build for "show and tell", depending on whether I'm able to get it finished by then.
                    Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post

Scott, I will be bringing my Classe Audio preamp. I can accommodate your phone easily with a 3.5mm to rca adapter. The preamp also has xlr ins. We will be using the xlr outs to Bens Crown amp. I should have a sub available as well.
                      That's rad, thanks. I'll bring my own cable.

Comment

• I'm planning to be there, but it's January, so who knows if I'll have any speakers. Ask me around the middle of April and I'll have a better idea

Comment

• Flights an room booked for me too. And a big thanks to Ben for arranging for a substantial discount at the Dupont Rd Hampton Inn for that weekend, which is a big sports weekend with higher than normal room rates.

Comment

• Jay- what Sports event is that weekend? I honestly do not know what sporting event it is you are referring to. AND- this makes it imperative to book your rooms early should you want to stay at the Hampton that weekend.

I'll have you all know that this is a tit for tat deal here. The reason the meeting place rental is so low is that we set aside a group of rooms for the event, and the reason the rooms are discounted is that they are for the people attending the event in the meeting place.

Thank you for all of you whom do stay at the Hampton Inn Dupont, as it makes this entire process much easier in many different ways.

Later,
                            Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

• If you remember from last year, there were a lot of junior high and high school female athletes at times in the lobby. When I booked this year, I was told that there were volleyball and other tournaments the weekend of our event, hence the higher rates for folks who do not have a negotiated group rate. The group discountl to ask for is the "DIY speaker builders" rate.

Comment

• Yes, and that info is listed on the event website.

Okay, didn't know about the volley tournaments. Oh well, at least that is easier to avoid than the Vera Bradley mess, and also not book AXPONA weekend. I've been lucky that AXPONA and VB are generally the same weekend. If I go to AXPONA, I avoid VB altogether!

Later,
                                Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Working...
                                X