Buchardt S400 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buchardt S400 review

Rave reviews on these speakers...I wonder if it could be duplicated for a fraction of there cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZJiEBtfah0

Those midwoofers look like SB Acoustics black aluminum as can be seen over at madisound. The tweeters...I wouldn't know.

Comment

The tweeters look like the sb19stc004 tweeter. The description says "custom fine weaved fabric" tweeter and the sb acoustics page describes the sb19 as a "fine weave fabric" tweeter. Also, the back portion of the magnets look similar and the sb19 is the only tweeter that sba sells that has the shiny back like the buchardt tweeter does. The passive radiator looks like the sb15sfcr. Looks like about $250 total in drivers

Comment

How did they make the waveguide for the tweeter; might it be a custom 3d printed waveguide? Would anyone know of a similar looking waveguide?

Also why are they putting the tweeter on the bottom?
        Edit: here's why:
        "A challenge that had to be solved using such a deep waveguide that we ended up with, was the phase-shift between the woofer and the tweeter. This was solved by placing the waveguide under the woofer as well as a very discreet tilt of the cabinet at only two degrees. "

Comment

I'm pretty sure the woofer is "SB Acoustics SB15NBAC30-8 5" Black Aluminum Cone Mid-bass" about $65

Comment

Originally posted by mmu7 View Post
            I'm pretty sure the woofer is "SB Acoustics SB15NBAC30-8 5" Black Aluminum Cone Mid-bass" about $65
            The website describes it as a 6 inch woofer so i think its the sb17nbac35-4. Also its a 4ohm speaker with a sensitivity of 88db so I think it's the 4 ohm version but i could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by devynb View Post

The website describes it as a 6 inch woofer so i think its the sb17nbac35-4. Also its a 4ohm speaker with a sensitivity of 88db so I think it's the 4 ohm version but i could be wrong.
              Thanks, I stand corrected.

Comment

Looking at the cross over, I want to guess a 4th order crossover?

Comment

Working...
                X