Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FaitAlpine Pro?

https://www.audioxpress.com/news/fai...-for-car-audio

Failtal Pro + Alpine = Better sounding car audio?
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

I saw that earlier today. Should be interesting.

Comment

Alpine has always been one of my favorite brands in car audio for their headunits, and some of their speakers were awesome (F#1 Status aka rebadged Scan Revelator/Scan Rings, Type X rebadged Vifa drivers). Still run a 9887.

If this makes their speakers better, I'm all for it. Matter of fact, anything that brings more attention to great sound in cars is a welcome addition to me.
      All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

Maybe there was and I’m unaware of it, but if not I’m surprised there were never any Alpine oem car “premium sound” offerings.

Although I was personally never an Alpine fanboy, they always seemed to offer a quality product, even in their entry level lines.

Comment

Originally posted by dynamo View Post
          Maybe there was and I’m unaware of it, but if not I’m surprised there were never any Alpine oem car “premium sound” offerings.

Although I was personally never an Alpine fanboy, they always seemed to offer a quality product, even in their entry level lines.
          A little bit. Rockford was one of the ones that surprised me most. Their partnership with Nissan and Mitsubishi always felt odd. And then boom, Kicker and Mopar.

Personally, I'm most sad that Eclipse (Fujitsu Ten) decided to abandon the mobile market for OEM design. I'm curious how many of the OEM navigation/multimedia systems are Fujitsu's designs. Their navigation was always their strong selling point; no one else had navigation that was as comprehensive, comparatively speaking, as theirs.

I started out in the car audio world and slowly found myself transitioning into the DIY/Home audio realm. Seeing this kind of thing makes me miss the older days.
          All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

Originally posted by dynamo View Post

They did some OEM stuff. Early 90's Dodge Vipers, Rolls Royces & Mid 90's Lambos (decks and speakers). Honda used Alpine XM tuners and displays in the 2003 Accord. I feel the exact same about Rockford. Had a 2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo that had an OEM Rockford system. That was replaced with an Alpine deck and Focal drivers.
            "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
            The Roxster
            Swopes 5.0
            Acoustic Panels
            Living Room Make Over

Comment

The premium stereo systems in the Jeep Wranglers are supplied by Alpine. I bought a pair of the 3.5” upper dash speakers from EBay for my own Wrangler. They sound surprisingly good mated to a pair of TB 6.5” Neo subwoofers in the lower dash pods.

Comment

Porsche needs to jump on board! The last couple cars of mine used Blose and they are terrible!
                I have some 12RS550 on the way and I'm hoping they perform nicely up to 700hz. The cone is
                lighter than other similar drivers and the coil inductance is reasonable...
                Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Alpine OEM'd for Honda/Acura in the 90s. Volvo used Alpine for some time which was more of a luxury sound system. The Volvo OEM amps were the exact same heatsinks and probably the same internals as their aftermarket line.

Comment

Working...
                  X