No announcement yet.

New Dayton subwoofer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Boogieman makes a great under-the-bed sub for bedroom HT set ups.
    Audiophiles listen to the equipment, not the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Waboo View Post
      Yes! The latest in overseas-made Mid-Fi. I'm a bit skeptical of it's 160 watt rating.
      Overseas assembled, yes. This sucker came from the brain of yours truly.

4 drivers, 40 watts each, hence 160 watts RMS. It will handle it as long as there is a subsonic filter around 40 Hz if you need maximum output capability. This thing is pretty surprising for its size.
      Your results may vary.

Comment

Having heard Matt's creation, I can personally vouch for it. Don't feed it sub 30hz stuff at high volume and you should be okay-ish.
        All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

As long as Matt is creating, with the hole in the middle could do a tapped horn.
          John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by mattp View Post

Overseas assembled, yes. This sucker came from the brain of yours truly.

4 drivers, 40 watts each, hence 160 watts RMS. It will handle it as long as there is a subsonic filter around 40 Hz if you need maximum output capability. This thing is pretty surprising for its size.
            Very cool, innovative thinking inside the box. I have seen the manifold idea with IB installs before, this will inspire some DIY clones with other drivers.

Comment

Maybe the NDs would drop right in?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                Maybe the NDs would drop right in?
                Not according to the Unibox sims...

Comment

Working...
                X