Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFL-3way in service

Hi all,

Just wanted to tell you that my system RFL-3way is now in service and has been listened to for abt ten hours.

Right from the start, I would like to thank you all for all the advice and friendly hints I´ve been given under this project. I would not be today with this system if it hadn´t been for you.

I have learned lots in this project. On the importance of phase alignment, on delta-AC measuring, on woofer coil resistance, On the impact of different XO-orders and lots of more stuff.

I have also (re)realized how difficult it is to judge the sound of a system when listening to just one speaker in test-mode.

My pre-thought was to build a 2nd order (LR2) acoustic system and nearly made it. I had to go up to 3rd order on the tweeter for phase alignment (and some protection) issues.

If you find it interesting to see some pictures of this system, please fiollow the link below:
    ("Media", "Page 2", "RFL-3way")

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/member/6127-lasse/media/page2

Now for the more interesting part: The sound?

Well, I would not be honest if I didn´t say that I was a bit scared when connecting the units with eachother and the system to the amp. I have spent some six months and more than 800 USD on this passive ”nostalgic”system.

The sound is quite amazing. It is hopeless to put sound into words but I have never heard a better midrange and more well-defined low-end before, at least not in this home. I would say that this passive system driven by amps from the 70ies can take a fight with my two active systems any time. And probably win.

I am more than happy and, once again, thanks!!

Best regards//lasse

Stockholm, Sweden
    Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

I LOVE a Happy Ending!

Enjoy, Mark

Comment

O,

and I forgot to mention the fantastic support I got when recapping and repairing the Citation 11/12, especially by Pete Basel at DIYaudio.

Cit 11/12 showed itself to be a good amp.

More regards//lasse
      Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Comment

Working...
      X