Newish SB Compact Beryllium Tweet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newish SB Compact Beryllium Tweet.

Finally got my hands on the Be version of my favorite tweeter!
    Measurements later today. Click image for larger version

Name:	SB Be.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	519.8 KB
ID:	1396898
    Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Nice! I have owned and used the full format Beryllium and it is excellent. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts.

Comment

Yeah, I like the big neo version too, and I don't usually like metal domes.
      Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post
        Yeah, I like the big neo version too, and I don't usually like metal domes.
        Always wondered where this type of sentiment came from. Is it because you've heard metal domes that weren't implemented well and they put you off? Just genuinely curious.

Some of the best tweeters I've heard have been metal domes (Scan Be, Focal's Utopia BE, TN51, and TN47, LPG 26NA. among a handful of some others). Then again, I've heard more than a few that were not so good, so... *shrug*
        All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

I think I just like the coloration of a great soft dome or ring dome. I believe all tweets have some coloration
          and its just a personal preference. That said I think RAAL ribbons have the least amount of color and could
          be my favorite, Be coming in close behind in low coloration.
          Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Me Likey Click image for larger version

Name:	SB Be.png
Views:	91
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	1396959
            Guess xmax's age.

Comment

6" and 24" 15"X22" test baffle.
              Guess xmax's age.

Comment

I have heard nothing but good things about beryllium tweeters. Do you have a project planned for these?

Comment

Not exactly sure yet, thinking of making a special addition version of my SixTen
                  monitors. The natural top end is a NATURAL choice for a studio monitor.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellow+610.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	918.5 KB
ID:	1396970
                  Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Always wondered where this type of sentiment came from. Is it because you've heard metal domes that weren't implemented well and they put you off? Just genuinely curious.

Some of the best tweeters I've heard have been metal domes (Scan Be, Focal's Utopia BE, TN51, and TN47, LPG 26NA. among a handful of some others). Then again, I've heard more than a few that were not so good, so... *shrug*
                    Some (certainly not all) metal dome tweeters have exhibited major breakup resonance within the audible passband, bringing to mind a descriptive comment by Dr. John P. Kreskovsky from ~1.5 decades ago in reference to a Vifa aluminum dome tweeter that "...rings like a doorbell."
                    "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                    of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
                    - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
                    A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
                    (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

This could be fun. Click image for larger version

Name:	Boom2.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	448.2 KB
ID:	1397204
                      Guess xmax's age.

Comment

I've wondered about designs just like that and whether they would work ok or not. I've also thought about whether an MTMTM would work, considering the popularity of MTM.

Comment

It's all about wavelength.
                          Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Considerable amount of coin in them. How do they sound in that configuration?

Comment

I just got them rocking tonight with a quick and dirty XO, but it seems to be doing some great
                              things in regard to power response and effortless reproduction.
                              Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Working...
                              X