Faital Pro 12RS550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faital Pro 12RS550

It models in Bass Box real nice, looks like it could even work sealed!
    (that makes me want to double check my work)
    Now if this thing gets up to 800ish to work with a 1.4" CD/Horn/WG
    This could be the Click image for larger version

Name:	F PRO WOOF.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	890.9 KB
ID:	1397585 start for a PA level studio monitor with HiFi quality!
    Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

That looks like a nice woofer. Based on the published response graph, I don't see why you couldn't cross it over at 800 Hz or even a bit higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Billet View Post
      That looks like a nice woofer. Based on the published response graph, I don't see why you couldn't cross it over at 800 Hz or even a bit higher.
      Cone is a little heavy, just because it gets up there smoothly doesn't mean it will sound good. But I hope so!
      And I will report my findings.
      Guess xmax's age.

Comment

I'm a fan of Faital pro and your plan looks good in a 40-50 ltr BR. Keep in mind the Le is a little high so keep the xover below 800hz which will blend well with horns. I run an HF140 at 700hz with excellent result.

Comment

Originally posted by scholl View Post
          I'm a fan of Faital pro and your plan looks good in a 40-50 ltr BR. Keep in mind the Le is a little high so keep the xover below 800hz which will blend well with horns. I run an HF140 at 700hz with excellent result.
          Yes I was a little worried about that Le, thanks for the reassurance! I might go full passive XO if possible with the HF146.
          Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Faital Pro sure looks good, but in my testing of 10's, others perform better and are a better value for the money. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by guitar maestro View Post
              Faital Pro sure looks good, but in my testing of 10's, others perform better and are a better value for the money. Just sayin.
              I saw your test and agree about the 10HP1220, however I have used many of their drivers and their 18XL1800 and HF10AK
              are some of my FAVORITES! The 10HP1220 I believe is designed for a very specific purpose (like a sonic weapon or something).

Obviously I want my cake and also I would like to eat it, looking for extension in both directions in a smallish box,
              the dream seems closer and closer everyday with all the great tech we have available these days!
              Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post

I saw your test and agree about the 10HP1220, however I have used many of their drivers and their 18XL1800 and HF10AK
                are some of my FAVORITES! The 10HP1220 I believe is designed for a very specific purpose (like a sonic weapon or something).
                I also tested the 10FH530 and the 10FH520. They were all respectable for sure. Just not at the level of the others. Right now I'm leaning heavily to either B&C or likely Beyma. The new 10MC700Nd that keeps getting pushed back (in the US at least) looks to be a beast.

Nice to see others use "pro audio" gear for hi-fi projects.

Comment

I have some great 8"ers from B&C and Beyma laying around, details later,
                  This project calls for 12"s My designs are for studio use, so accuracy and
                  superb imaging is critical. Plus they need to go to 11!
                  Guess xmax's age.

Comment

I have some great 8"ers from B&C and Beyma laying around, details later,
                    This project calls for 12"s My designs are for studio use, so accuracy and
                    superb imaging is critical. Plus they need to go to 11!
                    Awesome. What CD are you considering? Might as well go with a horn loaded AM-., oh wait you sold those to me.

Comment

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...46-caire-pr614
                      Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Nice, how does the HD stack up?

Comment

Originally posted by guitar maestro View Post

Nice, how does the HD stack up?
                          Nice, low and fairly linear. But the TAD is off the charts!
                          Guess xmax's age.

Comment

But the TAD is off the charts!
                            in a good or bad way?

Comment

The TAD 3rd harmonic distortion is lower than my test rig as far as I can tell,
                              I could probably get weird and design a lab mic pre, but why! It's low enough!
                              Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Working...
                              X