X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waboo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark65 View Post

I'm in Glendale, Loop 101 and 51st Ave. I'll be glad to help you with crossover design, maybe trade for some woodworking. I can get it done, and I have some decent tools, but truth be told, I really don't like that aspect of the hobby that much!
    That sounds good, Mark65 and you're relatively close.

Leave a comment:

• Mark65
    replied
    Originally posted by Waboo View Post
    Looks like it was a good time. I'm in Surprise (NW Phoenix area) and would like to have made this gathering. I have no speaker building buds and need someone to lean on for crossover type stuff. I have Powermatic and Delta equipment, and plenty of Milwaukee and Makita power tools for cabinets but I've always relied on Madisound LEAP services for my crossovers. Maybe before I get too old I'll master crossovers on my own.
    I'm in Glendale, Loop 101 and 51st Ave. I'll be glad to help you with crossover design, maybe trade for some woodworking. I can get it done, and I have some decent tools, but truth be told, I really don't like that aspect of the hobby that much!

Leave a comment:

• Waboo
    replied
    Looks like it was a good time. I'm in Surprise (NW Phoenix area) and would like to have made this gathering. I have no speaker building buds and need someone to lean on for crossover type stuff. I have Powermatic and Delta equipment, and plenty of Milwaukee and Makita power tools for cabinets but I've always relied on Madisound LEAP services for my crossovers. Maybe before I get too old I'll master crossovers on my own.

Leave a comment:

• bungelow_ed
    replied
    Looks like it was a great gathering. Would like an opportunity to join next year.

Leave a comment:

• dynamo
    replied
    Very cool, thanks for posting the pics!

Leave a comment:

• bolland83
    replied
    I missed it, looks like it was a great time though! I heard about it kinda last minute, but had a family thing to go to, which ended up being pretty cool. My sister surprised us that day, and took the family out to see "Elf The Musical" at the Phoenix Theatre. Interestingly enough, they have a live band backstage for a lot of the productions there, which was excellent. If you've never been to the PHX Theatre you should check it out, it was a really cool experience.

Leave a comment:

• maynardg
    replied
    Originally posted by relder View Post
    Pro-tip: put your MLP chair on wheels to easily get in that sweet spot as in that last pic! Which were the TzuJans? Jasons glossy veneered ones not pictured?
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/bl...tzujan-writeup Apparently no pictures linked anymore. Description here, though. If you were there they were the tall, slender 3-ways in dark plumnpudding mahagony. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• relder
    replied
    Originally posted by maynardg View Post
    Thanks, Mark! The TzuJans never get old. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Pro-tip: put your MLP chair on wheels to easily get in that sweet spot as in that last pic!

Which were the TzuJans? Jasons glossy veneered ones not pictured?

Leave a comment:

• maynardg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
    I posted here about it, but I failed to bump it up to the top, especially as it got close, and I'll take the blame for that. Only got a few pics myself, and the last two here are at Xavier's house the following day listening to his Accuton/Rhythmik monsters. What sweet sounding system that is. I also brought the green speakers I got from Daryl, and folks were quite impressed with their extension and dynamics. Tzu-Jans were my favorite, great bass for their size, and oh, so smooth. A great weekend.
    Thanks, Mark! The TzuJans never get old. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mark65
    replied
    I posted here about it, but I failed to bump it up to the top, especially as it got close, and I'll take the blame for that. Only got a few pics myself, and the last two here are at Xavier's house the following day listening to his Accuton/Rhythmik monsters. What sweet sounding system that is. I also brought the green speakers I got from Daryl, and folks were quite impressed with their extension and dynamics. Tzu-Jans were my favorite, great bass for their size, and oh, so smooth. A great weekend.

Leave a comment:

• 50 watt head
    replied
    Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
    i was in tuscon over the holidays, and missed it... a bit of heads up would have been great!
    I'm thinking we might need to start a FB page, so that everyone can get connected and stay informed. Lemme look into this.

Leave a comment:

• ani_101
    replied
    i was in tuscon over the holidays, and missed it... a bit of heads up would have been great!

Leave a comment:

• 50 watt head
    replied
    It was a BLAST! We'll do it again next year. I already can hardly wait!

Leave a comment:

• danmarx
    replied
    Very cool! Well count me in for next year then. I should have at least one new project I could bring for sure. Still bummed I missed out. But glad to see some local DIY'ers around.

Leave a comment:

• relder
    replied
    Originally posted by danmarx View Post
    How the heck did I miss this? I would have loved to have gone and met up with some of you all. Where was this at? Would love to see pictures as well.
    Was a bit short notice, was in Tucson. We talked about having the next one a bit more outside of the holidays, a year away in Jan.

I felt busy the entire time and selfishly took only one lone picture of 'my' room (one of many rooms in this vacant office building). Left to right, my old open baffles, Mark Audio Pensils topped with Trevor's ported tang band full range and Trevor's Piccolatas and Trevor's Swopes far right on the table.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X