Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downsizing…

Hi all,

(And this is not about loosing excess weight…)

I have realized that it is of my interest for the future to reduce the number of sound systems in my home. Today, we (me and my brave wife) has a total of five ”normal” systems and two smaller ones, connected to the TV and the computer. Of the three ”bigger ” ones (floorstanders with 8”-10” woofers), I have decided to reduce the number by one.

Now, this is a classic case of ”killing your darling” so this has to be a gentle and respectful process, as a lot of work is invested in them (as you all know, of course…)

I plan to make ”one out of two” and the two systems can be described as:
    (And most/all info is available in my ”media”-folder under my name)

System A:
    57L CB, Focal 10K516(J), SS 13M/8640, Dynaudio D260
    NAD 916 6-channel amp
    6-gang pot as vol-control
    Behringer DCX2496 digital XO
    Behringer SRC2496 I/O-unit
    CDplayer, Tuner, Argon streamer

System B:
    25L CB/VB, Dayton RS225-8, SS 13M/8640, Dynaudio D260
    NAD 916 6-channel amp
    Analog active 6-channel XO (LR4, 600, 3000 Hz)
    NAD 116 Preamp
    CDplayer, Tuner, Argon streamer

Now, what do you think?

Should I keep the bigger speakers with the 10” woofers and amp them via the analog active XO?
    Or should I keep the Behringer units and their flexibility? (Remembet, I bought the 2496´s but built the active XO!!)

And what is the right thing to do with the ”surplus” units? Givet hem to a friend who likes music but is short on financial funds? Or sell it in parts on Swedish Ebay?

Best regards//lasse
    Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

I've given away lots of stuff, and sold lots at giveaway prices, I recommend it.

Comment

It's like a diet. You know you have big pants. Lose the weight then you can eat again ;-)

Comment

Working...
      X