Dayton Audio LBB-3 3 x 18650 Lithium Battery Charger Board / Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton Audio LBB-3 3 x 18650 Lithium Battery Charger Board / Module

Are there any solder points for the incoming AC? I can see solder points for the output, but not the input?

Thank

The boards work with 15-24 VDC input from a separate brick power supply.

LBB-3 Quick Start Wiring Guide - 325-200--dayton-audio-lbb-3-quick-start-wiring-guide.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
      The boards work with 15-24 VDC input from a separate brick power supply.

LBB-3 Quick Start Wiring Guide - 325-200--dayton-audio-lbb-3-quick-start-wiring-guide.pdf
      Yes I realize you can use a brick but I’m building a project with a toroidal transformer as the supply and ideally wanted to solder to the board.

Comment

Just solder your DC inputs to where the power connectors are.

Comment

A transformer's output is AC, it would need to be rectified to DC at the very least. There are no AC inputs on these boards.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
            A transformer's output is AC, it would need to be rectified to DC at the very least. There are no AC inputs on these boards.
            So you need a bridge rectifier and some PS capacitors to smooth the AC into a decent DC feed. Also note that X Volts AC translates to 1.4X Volts DC (since AC voltage specifications are at it's RMS value, not it's peak value).

Something like this may do the trick if you only need to charge the batteries (not run the amp).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rectifier.png
Views:	140
Size:	337.6 KB
ID:	1402570
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X