Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably a unusual question…

Hello,

I don´t know if you remember but I have briefed you on my plan ahead and the key-word is Downsizing….

I plan to strip two of my speaker systems of the drivers and sell them separately and my question for you is on the topic of reasonable prizes for the units in question.

I realize that this is a difficult one, the markets in the US probably being different from the one in ”duck-pond-Sweden” but still…

What do you think are fair prizes for the following drivers?
    • Dynaudio D-260 (2 pairs)
    • Scanspeak 13M/8640 (2 pairs)
    • Focal 10K 516 (J) (1 pair)
    • Focal 7N402-DBE (1 pair)
    • Dayton RS225-8 (1 pair)

All drivers are checked with a DATS V2 and measures fine very close to specs.

Regards//lasse
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

I don't know the drivers, but for me, half new price on a used driver would be reasonable, unless it's rare or hardly used.

Plus, if you're looking to sell outside Europe, have a look at the postage costs to work out that component of the asking price: it would be hard, for example, to sell a $60 (new price) driver for $30, then have the post cost another $30 - which is what it costs for me to get drivers from the US.

Obviously, if the combined price is too high, people will just buy new from their local agent

Just a thought

Geoff

Comment

The lower your prices, the faster they sell.

Trust me, one day you look around and see the huge amount of stuff you've collected that you won't ever need.

This whole exercise is for your mental health.

Comment

Hoarders episode 53 speaker collector. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
          The lower your prices, the faster they sell.

Trust me, one day you look around and see the huge amount of stuff you've collected that you won't ever need.

This whole exercise is for your mental health.
          Hi all and thanks.

Soo right!!

In Sweden, there is a trend right now that goes under the name of "Death-cleaning" (BAD translation, I know…) and the thought behind is that when you "join the holy crowds", your relatives shall not be stuck with a lot of unsellable crap that you have accumulated over a longish Life.

In my case, obviously, the "crap" is, among other things, a lot of big high-end audio equipment and being 60+ I intend to start getting rid of substantially more than the new stuff being carried into our houses.

But it is a process, Selling and throwing away, stuff that you have spent hundreds of hours building and testing and repairing and....

Regards//lasse

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Comment

What do you want for the Focal 10K's? Shipped to 47150
            A mains
            The Ventures
            Open Invit8tions
            RSR
            Sound Troopers
            Acorns
            DGBG's
            The Monuments

Comment

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
              What do you want for the Focal 10K's? Shipped to 47150
              HI,

47150, that is somewhere in Indiana, USA?

The drivers are in Sweden so probably that purchase would be an example of situation mentioned in post #2

BUT, the question indicate that the Focals are OK, are they?

Best regards//lasse

Comment

They are nice, and no longer available. So depending on the price.....
                A mains
                The Ventures
                Open Invit8tions
                RSR
                Sound Troopers
                Acorns
                DGBG's
                The Monuments

Comment

Working...
                X