Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carlthess40
    replied
    Well I received my box or should say poorly pa led bag of resistors I’m not very happy with these I’ve tested about 50 of them and about 2 out of 6 are out of specs. Say a 1k would say 700. And so on. A lot of them where torn from the tape that holds them as a group of values But I believe I found the right size Will get them installed and see how the tubes like them Thanks you all of you guys help Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by carlthess40 View Post
    I’m just going to order one of those kits with 20 or so different values Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good idea. Resistance is futile!

Leave a comment:

• carlthess40
    replied
    I’m just going to order one of those kits with 20 or so different values Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    if I could post my "enhanced color" pic, you'd see there's no blue, just red black black brown brown

Leave a comment:

• Kornbread
    replied
    What fpitas said, find the same resistor somewhere else in the board and de-solder/measure it. Then you will know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• mattk
    replied
    I see the middle band as blue

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by skatz View Post
    Won't it be hard to be certain unless its removed from the circuit?
    There should be a noticeable difference between 110 ohms and 2K ohms, at least.

Leave a comment:

• skatz
    replied
    Won't it be hard to be certain unless its removed from the circuit?

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    It would be good if your friend could measure one of the resistors. I tend towards the 110 ohm theory, but a quick ohmmeter measurement will nail it down.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    I'm voting Red-Blk-Blk-Brn Brn (2kohm) ...

Nope. "The first stripe is the one that's closest to one end of the resistor."
    Now I think it's 110 ohm. (BOTH are "typical" values - go figure.)

Leave a comment:

• carlthess40
    replied
    I clicked your link and did some reading So I think I have this right. I hope It is showing a 110ohm Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• carlthess40
    replied
    Maybe I can email these pics to parts express and see what they say and just give it a try Would it be better to start off with a higher value? One other post someone said it looks like a 1k. And I tried looking that up and they don’t really seam to match mine. They all are 4 band not a 5 color band Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    I agree with Paul (based on what we can see) on the resistance value and tolerance. Those appear to be decent quality metal film resistors but the lead bend and solder quality look marginal.

Leave a comment:

• bullittstang
    replied
    Colors on a resistor are very hard to see, without a zoomed in picture with very good lighting. I read those as 2k 1% metal film (Red, Black, Black, Brown, Brown banding)

Leave a comment:

• hitsware2
    replied
    I think metal film 1 % 5 band ......
    Maybe 200 Ohm, but I'm not sure of the colors ....

https://www.hobby-hour.com/electroni...calculator.php

Leave a comment:

Working...
X