X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    https://fox59.com/news/coronavirus/c...an-and-friend/

1 week ago. With much love and respect my friends. Please take this seriously. The threat is real.

Leave a comment:

• bohdan
    replied
    I take my hat off to Jeff who was firstly, a great human being, and secondly, a dedicated DIY promoter. What a loss.
    Bodzio Software would like to extend our condolences to his family and friends.

Bohdan

Leave a comment:

• robertclark
    replied
    My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family. He was pleasure to talk to and a good man. He will truely be missed but his legacy will live on.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Facebook post of the video of Jeff receiving his award, by Bryan Keane:
    https://www.facebook.com/midwestaudi...8507043962184/

Those who did not meet him should definitely watch this, as well as those who have/had.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• ttan98
    replied
    A Belated Condolence from me.
    I had short correspondences with him, a great guy about building his version of the BBC monitor.
    May he rest in peace.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Regretfully, one of the last interactions I had with Jeff was a disagreement over being banned from a DIY FB group he participated in and moderated. He took the time to explain their reasoning for doing so, not something he had to do. I think it was more of him trying to reach me, make me understand his/their thought process and I respected him for that. He never un-friended me on FB. When my birthday came around, he sent a "Happy Birthday" wish. When my granddaughter was born, he sent a "Congratulations" wish. When I posted new builds in a different FB group, he "Liked" many of them. They were little things to him, I'm sure. But to me, it indicated he was a man of great character, one who believed in "forgive and forget". Wish I could have met him in person. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace Sir.

Leave a comment:

• jbruner
    replied
    "You make me want to be a better man."

I hope Jeff's life will be an example to us all. I do regret that I never got to meet him in person.

His free PCD program was a huge part of my progress in speaker design.

I treasure our exchanges by email and on the forum. He was the kind of person you could enjoy arguing with.

Oh, what am I saying, I feel the same way about all of you guys.

Leave a comment:

• kenny_k
    replied
    Jeff made the community a better place.

Leave a comment:

• hongrn
    replied
    Jeff pm'ed me years ago and encouraged me to apply for the Design Team. I did and got accepted. I wrote back and wanted to send him a couple of bottles of wine to thank him, which he declined because he didn't drink wine. I learned so much from this forum from so many of you, but Jeff probably taught all of us the art of giving more than anything. RIP sir.

Leave a comment:

• Whitneyville1
    replied
    I too never met this great gentleman except here on the Forum, but I learned a great deal from him, his designs, and from his design tools. This is a great loss for the DIY hobby, but much more to those of us who he helped with our ignorance, was kind and patient when we were dense, and to a World that needs many more kind-hearted people. My prayers go out to his family, and those who knew him personally. I don't believe I ever heard anything but praise and appreciation for him. A rare man indeed.

Leave a comment:

• jcandy
    replied
    I don't participate much in this forum anymore, but this morning received an email saying that Jeff had passed. Despite the utter tragedy of his passing, I believe that these reminiscences of Jeff -- the countless stories of his kindness and selflessness -- might inspire us all to be a better person. I never met Jeff in person but we corresponded by email quite often about a decade ago. Many of my visits to PETT after his kidney transplant were simply to check to see if he was alright and getting back into the swing of DIY. Obviously an expert designer as well as prolific contributor of free design tools, what struck me most about Jeff was that despite all this, he remained humble, even-tempered and polite even in the middle of aggressive forum exchanges. I know people vary on their metrics for success in life, but in my opinion Jeff had a perfect recipe for success. Really an inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    I annoyed him a few months ago when I went on about 4 ohm amps for the Continuum, an 8 ohm speaker.

I remember he posted the "Turboencabulator" vid here years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    This is Jeff 2 years ago at InDIYana 2018, accepting the Lifetime DIY award that he was presented by Mark Sayer of Meniscus Audio Group.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4239.jpg
Views:	1532
Size:	492.0 KB
ID:	1435095

Craig Salin: "I think you're gonna win an award."
    Jeff: "Aw man, I hope not."
    I remember that like it was just yesterday. When he said that to me I knew he really meant it.

Leave a comment:

• oldloder
    replied
    Wow, hearing this news literally feels like a gut punch. I never met Jeff but asked him some questions via messaging and I couldn't believe how quickly and generously he responded to me with my elementary questions when it was clear he was fielding an enormous amount of information to so many on this forum. His kindness, encouragement, generosity and his sharing of takent and knowledge for the benefit of others always struck me as the epitome of what this sort of community is all about. I am so grateful for the music he has helped me to hear through one of his most wonderful designs ... peace to you Jeff ... the world was a better place for you in it. I feel for all of you who were his family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• NickJ
    replied
    To say nothing of his skills, he was a kind man. My interactions with him, even though they were over email, always left me with a warm feeling. I will miss him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X