Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickcraig
    replied
    I messaged Jeff's wife Christine early this morning to let her know that I woke up two times last night and was immediately prompted to pray for Jeff. I am so saddened to hear this. I knew of Jeff back in the Madisound BBS days of the 90's. We later met (2004/2005 I think) when I was visiting my parents in Fort Wayne. We also got together a few years later when I was in Indianapolis. A very humble and knowledgeable guy, and passionate in his faith and love for God. He'll be missed.

Leave a comment:

• Kdpillai
    replied
    Being in a different country, I never had the opportunity to meet or interact with Jeff, but I was a beneficiary of his generosity, in terms of the software and designs he made available for free.

Jeff, you touched so many lives indirectly in the DIY community, and made better sound accessible to so many more people. Thank you and rest in peace

Leave a comment:

• Carbon13
    replied
    Never had the pleasure of meeting Jeff but his many contributions to this hobby are so readily apparent to even the newest to this forum. He is one of those names that we all know and respect and I'm certain his legacy will live on here with all of us. RIP Jeff.

Leave a comment:

• dlr
    replied
    Stunned, definitely. Sad day, I will miss my interactions with Jeff, he was helpful to me in many ways. I wish I could have met him in person.

dlr

Leave a comment:

• GranteedEV
    replied
    2020 has been the worst year, and this news makes me ill to my stomach. To the man who taught me so much about how to measure speakers and drivers and phass, who made Passive Crossover Designer, and imparted this forum with so much knowledge,

Rest In Peace

Leave a comment:

• Millstonemike
    replied
    Just a terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Leave a comment:

• skatz
    replied
    Jeff, despite his stature, was one of the giants amongst us. And a great and kind gentleman. I will miss him, and shed some tears.

Leave a comment:

• AEIOU
    replied
    We're all going to miss him very much, but let's not forget about his wife Christine, she is the one really hurting right now. Goodbye Jeff, I never met you but I certainly admired you.

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    RIP, Mr. Bagby. We wonder what life is about, and what is our purpose. At a distance, I see all of the people that this wonderful man was able to touch, in a positive way, through his giving heart. He shared his time, his efforts, his passion, and his incredible intellect and knowledge, as well as his kindness, and that leaves our world a better place. I want to think that Jeff would want the rest of us to let that be the mark that he left on us all. It's easy to wish that we would have said more to the people that we care about, once they are gone. I want to say a huge thank you to everyone of you that have taken it onto yourselves to share all that each and every one of you has, in keeping with Jeff's spirit. Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Jeff really was an amazingly humble, and giving guy.

Just a short 'Jeff Bagby' story:

I went to DIY Indiana a several years back and Jeff was there. There were door prizes that were being given away and I happened to get a tub of Durtex. Jeff later asked me if I wanted to sell or trade for it. I said 'no' as I had wanted to try it and had never gotten around to picking any up.

But then I thought, Tom... this guy set up and hosted a seminar to help us (me) figure out PCD, and made that software available to everyone, offered tons of advice to budding, and experienced speaker builders alike, and made some of his greatest creations available to anyone in the form of his many 'kits' that are for sale.

Before he left my sight, I told him 'of course' and gratefully handed it over. He asked me what I wanted in return... I told him to consider it a 'thank you' and he said 'for what?' like he had no idea about all he's done for the many participants of this wonderful hobby. He said thanks, we spoke for a bit and the show went on.

A few weeks later I received a package in the mail containing several drivers, enough for a few sets of speakers. He didn't have to do that obviously, it stuck me how thoughtful he was.

He has PM'd me several times as well, encouraging me to keep at it when I'd get frustrated with not being able to figure out PCD or measuring, or anything speaker-related. "Tom, you're going to get it... you drove 12 hours in a blizzard (PCD Conference in Kokomo, Indiana) to learn more about how to do this... the desire is there... just stay with it, don't get frustrated and you will get there"

I really took that to heart and it helped to push me and keep me going. There are a lot of guys who are really giving in this community -- there is a fairly steep learning curve with this stuff as we all know -- but he was certainly one of the most giving and humble dudes I've met, especially considering all he knows about this stuff, how much 'in demand he's always been, and how much he's single-handedly done to promote 'speaker design for all.'

God's peace to his wife and family, and God bless you brother... enjoy your new digs in heaven!

Tom Zarbo

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    i am at a loss for words.

Leave a comment:

• edgecreek
    replied
    Stunned

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    Very sad day.

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    Terrible... His legacy will live on in the designs we create and the tools we use to do so. Prayers for his family and those that were close to him.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Rest in peace, sir.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X