Jeff Bagby Tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brkitup View Post
    Just trying to follow up on this. I was really interested in the raffle for these, but it's now been seven months since they were completed. Did I miss it? Thanks.
    See my post below.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
      I'm wondering what happened with the raffle as well.
      Also, I'd love to just see another picture of these speakers!

TomZ
      I originally had planned to use GoFundMe or something similar; however, raffles are prohibited there. Most states (like here in North Carolina) don't allow them either unless you have a 501C and are set up as a non-profit. I then contacted Jeff's wife to see if it was possible to have the raffle there in Indiana. In the meantime other raffles were launched and it seemed best to wait, especially with all of the things going on the the second half of 2020.

Hopefully I'll know soon what type of fundraiser will be done. Pictures of the completed speakers will be available when we can move ahead. Kevin had taken some with the drivers loaded so maybe he can post them.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the update Rick. I think I was afraid this happened without us knowing about it, not that we have to be kept apprised or anything, but this seemed like a special kind of thing that had such meaning id love to see where these end up.

TomZ
        Last edited by tomzarbo; 02-12-2021, 03:28 PM.
        Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF

Comment

• Kevin K. - I know these were cut on a CNC machine. I don't have access to one and wouldn't know how to use it if I did. But that doesn't mean I couldn't try to do something like this by hand. Would you share 1) driver centers before beveling; 2) Bevel angle and is the top angle the same as the sides? Also, all other dimensions.

Comment

• a4eaudio
            a4eaudio commented
            Editing a comment
            See post 41 for the general dimensions

• There ARE cab pics w/ dims (probably in THIS thread - I know it's gettin' kinda long) of a std. rectangular box that was used preliminarily (for measurements?).

Comment

• Thanks, guys. I saw the dimensions for the rectangular box. Some things had to change a little for Kevin's masterpiece. I'm not certain I can do this by hand, but I just might try. It won't be any time soon though, as I am still getting caught up on other things.

Comment

• I'm sooo late to this party, only today found out Jeff had passed away, read the Washington Post article which was tastefully written. I believe Jeff & I were/are of similar faith and I'd like to somehow pass along my belated condolences to his family, is there some generic method to communicate with Christine - I'm okay with a third party go-between, not trying to be weird. A good friend had experienced Jeff's generosity and expertise, truly a life well lived and cut way too short.

Comment

• I sent Chuck a heads up.
                Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Working...
                X