Advanced Speaker Korp A+ crossover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Speaker Korp A+ crossover

I have a set of Advanced Speaker Korp A+ speakers l would like to upgrade the crossovers. I took a look at the crossovers but can't tell if they 2 way or a 3 way. There is 2 8" drivers and 2 peerless tweeters and 2 passive bass speakers in each speaker. Any one know what type of crossover l need to buy for this upgrade thanks.

By "need to buy" you're hoping someone already came up with another crossover design and sells it? I bet you have to measure and come up with your own design. And if you're thinking of some generic crossover board, that's a big step backwards 99% of the time. But sometimes you get lucky.
    Francis

Comment

Is there something about them you don't like?

https://www.humanspeakers.com/o/advance.htm

Comment

How do you know they need 'upgrading'?
        www.billfitzmaurice.com
        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
          How do you know they need 'upgrading'?
          Yes, and what do you expect from upgrading? If I'm not mistaken those are very old. The drivers may not be in tip-top shape anymore.
          Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            I have a set of Advanced Speaker Korp A+ speakers l would like to upgrade the crossovers. I took a look at the crossovers but can't tell if they 2 way or a 3 way. There is 2 8" drivers and 2 peerless tweeters and 2 passive bass speakers in each speaker. Any one know what type of crossover l need to buy for this upgrade thanks.
            In such a scenario as yours, you either need to learn start to finish how to design and build a crossover or find someone who knows how. It's not something we can talk you through. If you can draw a schematic, then you can figure out what type of setup you have there. A very unsophisticated approach would be to replace the original crossover components one at a time, with same electrical value but higher quality manufacture.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              Hi, I'd like to rebuild my car engine. Which bolt do I remove first?

Comment

I think the crossover is posted on the human speakers website. It looks like the woofers are running full range. You could upgrade the components, matching original values. But to redesign the crossover, you'll need some measurements from the drivers.

Comment

I guess we told him. He asked at Audiokarma too.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                    I guess we told him. He asked at Audiokarma too.
                    Maybe he'll get an answer he likes better over there
                    Francis

Comment

Working...
                    X