Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project-with an angle

Hi all,
    Just bought the speakers on the pic´s on Swedish Ebay.
    A base for a forthcoming project….

What do you think?
    8” woofers and a 1½” Tweeters, crossed at 2000 Hz, 2nd/3rd order? Or something more interesting?
    One 10” Wo on one baffle, Mid x2/Tw x2 on the other 200/2000 Hz?

Best regards//lasse
    Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Are those old Seas drivers?

Comment

Yes, I believe the drivers are all SEAS

Two of the four woofers have "voicecoil-rubbing" but they will be replaced in every case....

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Comment

Those look like surround speakers... unless the drivers face the front wall ala Bose 901😊

Comment

Do you think that I Should experiment with a configuration such as Bose 901??
          🤔

Comment

Only if your application is conducive to reflected sound. The Bose design used a single front facing driver in addition to the eight drivers aimed toward the wall, so you would have to add those to what is now the flat rear panel.

I only mentioned it because the pentagonal enclosure shape reminded me of it.

OTOH, Polk Audio's recent Legend series utilizes an angled baffle similar to what you have.

Marvin

Comment

Working...
            X