Dayton dsp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton dsp

So I just got the Dayton dsp-lf. I noticed that the xover only goes down to 20hz ?or does it only apply the eq down to 20hz ? Cause my sub goes much lower then 20 and I don’t want to me missing out on hz

True. The high pass can't be set or deleted below 20Hz. You'll be down 3dB there, but can add a PEQ at 20 and bring it back up.

It's really hard to find anything that will have sub 20Hz content, you're not missing anything.
    Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
    Wogg Music
    Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Originally posted by wogg View Post
      True. The high pass can't be set or deleted below 20Hz. You'll be down 3dB there, but can add a PEQ at 20 and bring it back up. It's really hard to find anything that will have sub 20Hz content, you're not missing anything.
      So everything gets cut off ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Nope, that sounds like a brick wall filter. It's a 12db/octave roll off. So -3dB at 20, -15dB at 10Hz.

are you isong the iWoofer Pro app, and is that a auto calibration output? I have Android, no pro app.
        Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
        Wogg Music
        Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Originally posted by wogg View Post
          Nope, that sounds like a brick wall filter. It's a 12db/octave roll off. So -3dB at 20, -15dB at 10Hz. are you isong the iWoofer Pro app, and is that a auto calibration output? I have Android, no pro app.
          I have iOS and ya I payed for the pro version. Yes I did the auto calibration. It’s the only thing I’ve done so far. I’m still trying to figure this out. Since it’s a hard cut off I’m not sure if I want to keep it, I’m not sure how many movies go below 20hz but I’d hate to be loosing it lol I wish I understood all of this stuff so I could better use the app.

Comment

Try looking through this monster thread for movie info

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/the...harts.2763785/

Comment

How many movies go below 20Hz isn't the issue, what your speakers are capable of below 20Hz in terms of actual output is. If they're reaching excursion limits at levels too low to feel then the signal content is moot.
              www.billfitzmaurice.com
              www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                How many movies go below 20Hz isn't the issue, what your speakers are capable of below 20Hz in terms of actual output is. If they're reaching excursion limits at levels too low to feel then the signal content is moot.
                I know my sub can handle at least 17hz with no problems, I think I reach my limits around the 14hz mark

Comment

I have a question about the Dayton dsp-lf Can I use 2 or 3 of them, one on each sub, And just run each one at a time for setup and then after that’s done. Just let them all run with each sub? I have 3 different subs and each one in a different location. My denon has two sub outs , but there work as one. I just got my new flyer in the mail and they are selling for $59.99 each Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look for a piece of software called multi-sub optimizer. Even if you don't use it the help files are a good read. You can't just set your subs up individually and then fire them all up.

Comment

Working...
                    X