ID:	1480939 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3971 copy.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	554.1 KB
ID:	1480940

Leave a comment:

• Arctos
    replied
    Got it to work! Here's some more (the last shot shows the HTA and the single driver speakers I built a long time ago that the Triumph is connected to) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3945 copy.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	619.7 KB
ID:	1480931 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3956 copy.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	707.5 KB
ID:	1480932 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3960 copy.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	690.2 KB
ID:	1480933 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3961 copy.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	775.5 KB
ID:	1480934 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3964 copy.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	752.6 KB
ID:	1480935 :

Leave a comment:

• Arctos
    replied
    Photo attempt:

Leave a comment:

• Arctos
    replied
    Thanks Wolf,
    I did talk to a tech person at Parts Express that assured me that the volume on the HTA would control the volume on the plate amp, but he may be wrong as well. I'm getting an optical cable tomorrow and will try a different source to see if it sorts itself out.

I like the idea of using the power strip for on/off. Then I won't have to dial the volume in each time.

I'll keep trying with the photos. I get an error message about my photos being too big. Not the file size, the actual physical dimensions. I'm not super technical with the computer, but will see if I can modify the files to work.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I would use the MAC as the volume source. It seems that the subwoofer output is not controlled by the master volume on the HTA, which would make me think twice whether to purchase it now that I know that.

Generally speaking, the MAC maxed out would clip more readily I would think anyway, and keeping it roughly at 80% or less is a pretty good idea.
    Another note, is that the 25W plate does not have an auto-on feature, and I wish it did. Most that have built this or used it have incorporated a power strip to turn it off and on at the level desired.

As to posting pics, hit the paperclipped folder above the reply body, and it will allow you to attach in or out of body pics via an 'attach' at the bottom of the reply body. It does not show up until you click the folder above.

I'd love to see your photos!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Arctos
    replied
    Well, I finally finished my Triumph build. Wish I coulde post some photos but I can't seem to figure out how. Think they are too large or something. I'll work on it. Made some rookie mistakes but learned a lot with this build. First time trying an inlay and I'm happy with the results of that portion.

I am experiencing something a bit weird and will ask for guidance:

My setup is a pair of small single driver speakers and the Triumph for the low frequency stuff driven by a Dayton Audio HTA50BT amp. Initially I'm testing the system via Bluetooth from my Apple Mac to the amp and feed signal to the sub plate amp from the single sub output from the amp. I use a Y splitter to feed both low level inputs on the plate amp. I want to run the volume on the Mac wide open and adjust volume via the amp. I turn on the plate amp and, based on volume of the speakers, i set a sub volume that seems to match. When I turn the volume up or down on the amp the sub does not change volume. However, when I change the volume at the Mac, it does. So, can this be sorted out, or do I just need to set a base volume at the amp and tweak the volume a the Mac?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Arctos
    replied
    The build has begun:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3354.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1466092

Got the chop and circular saws out yesterday and cut some MDF. Amp, TB driver and spikes showed up Friday. Still waiting on the PR's.

BTW, is there any reason I should not use spikes with a subwoofer that will sit on carpet?

And tvrgeek, totally agree with your last statement about getting out and attending some events to see/hear what folks have constructed. I've never been to a DIY event, but hope to some day.

Leave a comment:

• tvrgeek
    replied
    I keep looking at alternative drivers, Ribbons, AMT, planers etc. Looking at OBJEVTIVE testing, it looks like alternative drivers are far more expensive to reach the same performance level and in many cases force the use of a midrange so more cost, more complications. I am more excited by some of the newer dome materials. Waiting to see more reviews and objective tests of the Peerless drivers. It is just plain hard to beat a 1 inch dome and 5 inch mid-bass even cost no object. Of course, progress keeps moving along on alternative drivers too.

Now that sounds a bit negative, but it is not entirely. Some of the alternatives have positive attributes that some find overcome some negatives. Just as the case that some prefer horns for their positives, where I basically detest them for the same reasons. The right answer is yours, not mime.

PS: I would like to hear the Keramiskas for a small monitor, though on paper the crossover region looks problematic to me. Almost bought some of the SB's but would pair them with Peerless corundum domes. Maybe when this COVID crap is over, I can get out and about to some events and hear what is being done.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I used the Dynavox woofers (old slab-frames) in my Vijon project. The Dynavox lends very easy to an LR6 acoustic rolloff, so I had to use an electrical 4th order to match it. That said- it is a very good tweeter, and one of my favorites. I much prefer it to the Neo3.

And honestly, the Vijon is a high benchmark for me in 2-ways. I've done some in the past and liked how they sounded or thought I did okay. Then I put up the Vijon and think the former are total garbage. Felt that way about the Trichotomies, which are not awful in any regard. The Glucinium Amor also can do this for me.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post
    Wolf and PWR RYD I know both of your xo's with the RT1.3 are not public, but general question...did you find it easy to work with or did you need to work out any issues?
    It was an easy driver to work with. My filter was 3rd order electrical and I ended up adding a small cap across the padding resistor to lift the top octave a smidge. It's one of my favorite tweeters because of how natural bells, whistles, high hats, etc. sound.

Leave a comment:

• cpcarter
    replied
    Speaking of different tweeters to try... Just saw these buyout Planars up on PE for $21ea.
    https://www.parts-express.com/Foster...-8-Ohm-279-468. Anyone know anything about them? Sound quality?

Leave a comment:

• a4eaudio
    replied
    Wolf and PWR RYD I know both of your xo's with the RT1.3 are not public, but general question...did you find it easy to work with or did you need to work out any issues?

Leave a comment:

• Arctos
    replied
    Ahhh! Very nice looking! Per Tom's questions above, the woofers could also be HiVi I think?

Leave a comment:

• tom_s
    replied
    Wolf - are those woofers Dynavox or Dynaudio?

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Because the xover is kept to myself.... It's not a public design.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1465761

The RT1.3WE is the replacement of the RT1.3 with just the square faceplate.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X