No announcement yet.

The Besta Subwoofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious how you ended up affixing the denim to the panels.
    Did you double up on the back?
    I like the aesthetic and inventive use of the existing furniture!

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by gregrueff View Post
      Curious how you ended up affixing the denim to the panels. Did you double up on the back? I like the aesthetic and inventive use of the existing furniture! Cheers,
      Easy, just globs of hot melt glue. About 3 long sticks worth, and minor finger burns. Nothing is doubled on back, just a couple odd pieces trimmed with scissors and glued on to get coverage.
      Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
      Wogg Music
      Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

And here's why I chose a Besta cabinet in the first place. The whole system together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-09-25 14.11.55.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	1476619

Name:	2021-09-25 14.12.07.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	1476620
        Wogg Music
        Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Final impedance sweep after gluing the port in and applying the denim lining shows the tuning went up a bit to 24Hz with a nice clear pit in the tuning now. The ~150Hz minor lump is still there, but not bothersome. The height of the peaks are diminished, consistent with lowering the Q of the box with the lining.

Name:	InBox Final.png
Views:	135
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	1476622

Sweep testing with sine waves is satisfying. There are no leaks or rattles anywhere, no port noise at crazy levels, and plenty of output down to near 20 to make a room hunt for rattling things needed.

Overall.... success!!!
          Wogg Music

Comment

Looks right at home!

Rattling things . . . Don't get me started - too many picture frames around here . . .

Comment

nice job, looks great and I bet it sound great also.

I hope the first song you played on this was Nanowar of Steel - Valhalleluja! (Play it and you will see why!)

Comment

A very professional look! Great job.

Comment

Working...
                X